Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
She is looking at English Language or English Language & creative writing. 👍🏻👍🏻
My daughter wants to do English and creative writing at Exeter
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
My 2 went to Edge Hill (well DS is still there). The best and most reasonably priced halls of all the universities we viewed and with blackout blinds 👍 Mattresses weren’t the best but we bought mattress toppers. You won’t be able to bin the mattress that’s provided but you can do the basics to make life more comfortable. Each room also has a mini fridge inside the wardrobe and a TV.
The rooms look the best online to be honest and the kitchen & shared living area. They all look pretty modern.
Edge Hill is definitely on her list 👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Beth is at Uni of Surrey in the Manor Park campus which is the new part. She is lucky that she is in a brand new block and is the first to stay in her flat. These photos are the day she moved in before she made it pretty. It’s £158 a week.

2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

The rooms look the best online to be honest and the kitchen & shared living area. They all look pretty modern.
Edge Hill is definitely on her list 👍🏻👍🏻
I don’t want to influence her decision obviously but it has been a good university for my 2 and being not too far from where you live she could live in for the first year then choose to live at home but still be able to drive in for second and third year 👍 There is however some nice accommodation in Ormskirk which replicates halls on campus where both mine moved into after first year.
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Where does your daughter go to?
The room seems pretty spacious 👍🏻 Did the desk chair come with the room too?
Sorry for the millionth question 🙈
She went to Nottingham Trent. Yes the chair came too. And an en-suite / wardrobe that you can’t see in the photo.

The previous photos were the uni owned accommodation.

She lived in a house in second year (horrible ).

And then in third year she went back in private halls. (Liberty living).

My photos aren’t as good of this one. But it also has an En-suite and wardrobe behind the bed.

Katie covered her noticeboard with fabric. She said she liked that it looked prettier than the standard blue.

Edited at 07:38 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
She went to Nottingham Trent. Yes the chair came too. And an en-suite / wardrobe that you can’t see in the photo.

The previous photos were the uni owned accommodation.

She lived in a house in second year (horrible ).

And then in third year she went back in private halls. (Liberty living).

My photos aren’t as good of this one. But it also has an En-suite and wardrobe behind the bed.

Katie covered her noticeboard with fabric. She said she liked that it looked prettier than the standard blue.
Brilliant, everywhere looks spotless 👍🏻
My best friends son goes to Nottingham, not sure if thats the same as Nottingham trent 🧐 🙈🙈
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
I don’t want to influence her decision obviously but it has been a good university for my 2 and being not too far from where you live she could live in for the first year then choose to live at home but still be able to drive in for second and third year 👍 There is however some nice accommodation in Ormskirk which replicates halls on campus where both mine moved into after first year.
We are the same, we don’t want to push her into going somewhere but we know that with her health issues she would definitely be better closer to home. Plus the cost is far cheaper and she could come back to town and keep her sunday job at Primark.
X x
Old 1 Nov 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So that’s our application done and dusted and sent off, it’s all rather stressful isn’t it 🤪

DD wants to stay at home so has chosen Unis within commuting distance. Her 5 choices are

St Mary’s
Surrey
London Southbank
Hertfordshire
Winchester

Originally she wanted to do Physiotherapy but quite a few of the Unis still wanted not only work experience with a Physiotherapist but also within a healthcare setting. Not entirely sure how they think kids will be able to manage that with what’s going on this year?! We’ve had a few emotional chats and has decided with that and a few other personal reasons she is now hoping to do a Sports and Exercise degree. It’s a Pre Requisite to do a 2 year Masters in Physiotherapy so if she is still interested in 3 years then it’s not game over.

Now to wait for any offers to come in!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Brilliant, everywhere looks spotless 👍🏻
My best friends son goes to Nottingham, not sure if thats the same as Nottingham trent 🧐 🙈🙈
Nottingham is I think Russell Group. Nottingham Trent is the former poly in the city centre. DD chose it for the Theatre Design course which isn’t offered at very many unis.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Same for my DS (also currently wanting to study sports management & in last year of 6th form studying BTEC Sports Science. I think it’s been so unsettling with everything going on with Covid. He needs to get a wiggle on with his personal statement- I thought he’d done I as he did say they’d been looking at Uni applications at school, but we never get any correspondence on exactly what they’re doing in relation to Uni. DS revealed a couple of days ago that he’s barely started his statement & doesn’t really know what to put down. I’m not much help either never having been to Uni myself, so any ‘tips anyone can give would be great.
I am assuming he needs to write a statement about why he wants to study sport, a little personal information and details of extra curricular things he currently does like football & goal-keeper training. I’ve also told him to include his own fitness regime which he created when 1st lockdown was on & gym was closed (he’s usually there every day). Am I on the right tracks? Also how much do they need to write, is there an min/max word count? Thx all.
Have a look on here. It’s really useful.

ucas/undergraduate/a...onal-statement
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List