Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Nov 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
elimite
Proud to wear my Ears

Villa Pool heating query

Hi,
We have booked a villa at champions gate for 2wks,from 10-24th of may. I contacted the agent we booked through to ask for a price to heat the pool as we have young children with us,
The quote they came back with was £490! I thought this was very very expensive, and held off booking it, could anyone please advise it we would need it heated mid may, and is this price too high?
Many thanks.
elimite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I have paid £150 for 2 weeks pool heating, booked direct with owner.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
elimite
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
I have paid £150 for 2 weeks pool heating, booked direct with owner.
Thank you Chris,
Will the owner contact us when we arrive, I've to contact Villa check online and will be given the full address 24-48 hrs before arriving.
elimite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d like to know too if pool does need heating. We go 13th May
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disneygirl1985
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Pool heat is a subjective and very much a personal choice based on comfort levels.

I would personally choose to have pool heat in may, as would most of our guests, at a much more reasonable price than you have been quoted.

Edited at 12:08 AM.
disneygirl1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by elimite View Post
Hi,
We have booked a villa at champions gate for 2wks,from 10-24th of may. I contacted the agent we booked through to ask for a price to heat the pool as we have young children with us,
The quote they came back with was £490! I thought this was very very expensive, and held off booking it, could anyone please advise it we would need it heated mid may, and is this price too high?
Many thanks.
Sorry but that is a ridiculous price. Half of that may be getting closer.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Not needed at all
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I am going the 15th May for 3 weeks and hadn't even thought of pool heating (always done August before) is it neccessary?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by elimite View Post
Thank you Chris,
Will the owner contact us when we arrive, I've to contact Villa check online and will be given the full address 24-48 hrs before arriving.
You said in your first post you booked the villa through an agent so in this case, no, the owner will not contact you as your contract is with the agent. This is why the pool heat charge you have been quoted is way higher than if you had booked direct with the owner as the agent will have added on a large supplement for themselves before passing on what is left to the owner who pays the bills.

Almost without exception, all my May guests opt for pool heat and imo, with young children, will be necessary at that time of year.

Debra
Old 2 Nov 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

We don’t have pool heat in May, can feel a bit cool when you first get in but it’s fine after that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List