Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 26 Jun 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

What cant you get in your shopping order?

Following on from the frosties thread, it made me think that every week my neighbours give me shopping orders and each week one asks for icing sugar and self raising flour.

She is very elderly and I have suggested ordinary sugar that she grinds down but that is not in her comfort zone!

I have also suggested plain four and baking powder but even plain flour is difficult and I am afraid I only do a Tesco order from them and am not out around all the shops checking. In my mind neither are essential to life!

What cant you find?
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Orzo lol
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We find all that we want. Well apart from Bran Flakes sometimes.

My Son however is moaning he cannot find Tonic water with a 'touch of lemon'.

My view is that's heresy anyhow!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
Orzo lol
I love orzo though haven't tried to buy it, will look next order
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I haven't been able to get smashed avocado or baking paper for a few weeks. Everything else seems readily available now. I'm making my own smashed avocado which tastes nicer but takes more time and washing up!

Tesco is the only supermarket near me that stocked orzo when I needed it for a recipe a few years ago.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Glace cherries! Been on my parents shopping list for the past 6 weeks, I’ll guarantee it will be the first item Mum asks for when I ring for the list in the morning. Lol
Old 26 Jun 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sweetheart cabbage! I need it for DH favourite dinner and I haven’t been able to find it for weeks 😂
Old 26 Jun 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Small tins of spaghetti hoops.

I’m shopping for my elderly aunt and she asks for these every week and they’re always oos.

She has severe arthritis and struggles with the weight of the big tins.

Initially I had trouble getting her the 2 pint milks, they kept subbing for 4 pints which she just can’t lift.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Icing sugar, flour (both) and Kellogg’s bran flakes have been OOS for weeks according to my Asda delivery.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MsMinervaMouse View Post
Sweetheart cabbage! I need it for DH favourite dinner and I haven’t been able to find it for weeks 😂
I get sweet heart cabbage every week for one of my neighbours from Tesco