Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by diby5 View Post
A quick response. Within 20 minutes I had a WhatsApp confirmation of my refund request, immediately followed by an email stating that a refund would be actioned and should be completed within 60 days.

Apart from the initial delay of 4 days, somewhat understandable given there was a weekend in there, this has been an easy process thus far.
By all accounts getting any airline to agree to a refund has pretty easy compared to getting them to actually pay it. I hope you have a better experience than others
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Originally Posted by diby5 View Post
Only just checked "My Booking" on the VA website, it didn't automatically go to my flights when I clicked on it and upon entering the details I receive a "Sorry, we're unable to complete your request. Please check and try again."

So I guess that means the cancellation has gone through and we await the refund
Well I've had my refund, but my flights are still active, go figure.

I wish you good luck.
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
By all accounts getting any airline to agree to a refund has pretty easy compared to getting them to actually pay it. I hope you have a better experience than others
I know I've been lucky, but mine took a week from start to finish.
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
BA emailed me to say my flights were cancelled then the following day they emailed me to say they were giving me a refund, I didn't request it, they just did it. 2 days later I had the refund. So 4 days from being told my flights were cancelled.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
wishing
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hi has anyone had refund from using a virgin open ticket where the flight was cheaper?

We changed ours to Easter 2021 and I am gutted that the new flights are £1300 cheaper but virgin state I am not entitled to a refund of the difference not even as credit/voucher. They also wouldn’t let me use the difference to upgrade. They state it was because my original flights were non refundable, I should have waited as they did go on to be cancelled ☹️
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wishing View Post
Hi has anyone had refund from using a virgin open ticket where the flight was cheaper?

We changed ours to Easter 2021 and I am gutted that the new flights are £1300 cheaper but virgin state I am not entitled to a refund of the difference not even as credit/voucher. They also wouldn’t let me use the difference to upgrade. They state it was because my original flights were non refundable, I should have waited as they did go on to be cancelled ☹️
No, I was told exactly the same as you, but the price of my new ticket for Dec is also showing on the receipt as the same price of the previous flight. It will be interesting to see if I get a full refund if/when our December flights are cancelled. My difference was only £80 per seat though, your sounds a lot more painful to swallow.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I have it in writing that the difference would be refunded!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

I was told the difference would be refunded too.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wishing
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Any chance of a screen shot of this so I can try again?

Also were your fares non refundable initially to?
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by wishing View Post

My sister had this - her new flights were cheaper but they did allow her to upgrade her seats using the extra money that they said they couldn't refund. I think its just your luck who you speak to whether they let you do this or not