Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jul 11, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post

weather in November

Hi there

Hello everyone, i am a new member so be gentle lol

Just want to know if anybody has been to florida at the End of November to early December and if so what was the weather like? Really don't know what clothes to take with us.

Also does anybody know if Disney will be dressed up for Christmas... we fly on Thanks Giving 24 November 2011.

Would appreciate all your comments.

Sally
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 11, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
bksouth
Excited about Disney

bksouth's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi Sally,
Let me be one of the first to welcome you to The Dibb!
I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information on here, I know it has helped me out a lot on my trips to Florida.

We went out in November 2009 (12th-26th) the weather was lovely very warm during the day -high 70's/low 80's- got a bit cooler at night.

Disney was all dressed up for Cristmas, as were all the other parks.
Also MK have a late night ticket for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas, you do have to pay extra for it but I thought it was well worth the money- have a look and see what you think. We bought the extra tickets on the day!

I hope you have a wonderful time and come home with some very happy memories.

X
bksouth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 11, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

There the exact dates we generally go each time and we've always been lucky with the weather. There are less queues and the humidity lower. We are going all of November so think the weather will be hotter slightly, but for us, that was the only time we could go.
Old 17 Jul 11, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DeniseC
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
What a great time to go!

Lovely warm days but take a light jacket or cardi for the evenings (also needed if you go out to a restaurant as the air con can make you feel slightly chilled )
Good time to enjoy 'Christmas' at the parks without the crowds but with all the atmosphere.

Have a great time!
DeniseC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 11, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi ,October Nov and Dec are my favourite times and as others have said the weather in Nov is normally warm during day but can get chilly in the evenings. We are going 12th -26th Nov this year
Old 17 Jul 11, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsPorter2011
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi There
Welcome to the Dibb! I always go in November as MK is all decorated for Christmas. The weather is usually nice in the day but cooler at night. I am going on 28th November this year for 14 nights. I have never been this late and usually go the first week of November. So fingers crossed we have nice weather! The queues for rides at parks are meant to be quite low at this time of year so that's a bonus!
Emma :-)
Trip #8 March 2017
MrsPorter2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 11, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Pascal
Getting to know the DIBB

We are going in November and I was wondering if the resorts would be decorated for Christmas?
Pascal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 11, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
hsl500
Imagineer

Hi its our best time to go we go around 18/19th Nov for 2 weeks, last year we were at a water park was 84 on thankgiving , it does get bit cooler of a night and day before we left it dropped to 63 so had a cold snap but didnt last more than a few days and we had gone by then back to -14 and plane door frozen shut (give me 64 anyday lol)

as for decorations the xmas deccies usually come out day or few days after thanksgiving
hth

Believe in yourself and you wont go far wrong
hsl500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 11, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BuzzStarkiller
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
We are going in November and I was wondering if the resorts would be decorated for Christmas?
Yeah, I think its mid to late November when the decorations are up, plus you've got Mickeys Magical Christmas Party, or whatever it's called, that you can go to during select dates in November and December.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pleasant surprise on my DM & DS face when they realise that it ISN'T going to be as cold as they keep saying it's going to be
1987: Sheraton Yankee Trader, Fort Lauderdale/Orlando Vacation. 1989: Days Inn, Altamote Springs. 1991: Quality Inn, Int Drive. 1993: Travelodge, Kissimmee. 1998: Howard Johnson, Maingate West. 2005: Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook Estate. 2007: Belle Palms Villa, Tuscan Hills. 2011: Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook. 2014: Brock House, Highgate Park 2019 April Here we go again!
BuzzStarkiller is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 11, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
BuzzStarkiller
Trainee Dibber

OOoooooh, nice new colours and layout, chaps
1987: Sheraton Yankee Trader, Fort Lauderdale/Orlando Vacation. 1989: Days Inn, Altamote Springs. 1991: Quality Inn, Int Drive. 1993: Travelodge, Kissimmee. 1998: Howard Johnson, Maingate West. 2005: Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook Estate. 2007: Belle Palms Villa, Tuscan Hills. 2011: Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook. 2014: Brock House, Highgate Park 2019 April Here we go again!
BuzzStarkiller is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread