Notices

Old 21 Aug 16, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Beaching It With The Poole's Day 8 August 2016

Lentils, lentils, lentils...

Today we woke up past 6am whoop whoop, 1 week in and we have finally got to the time we would normally wake up. It was 6.05am for me and we all got up together as we had a date with Bob Evans this morning.

We were out the door at 7am and off down the road with the sun coming out nicely. We sat at the table we had last week and got some of their lovely coffee poured.

Grace ordered a little Bob Evans breakfast which was 1 egg (I asked for it to come separately as there is no way she was going to go anywhere near it...I had it!) home fries a sausage and 2 small pancakes. I ordered banana bread with fruit and a round of toast for the egg.

Nanny had the crepes like last time and a slice of French toast. Daddy had the same as last time too, eggs, sausage, home fries and 3 pancakes and Grandad ordered so much I couldn't keep up The bill was $70 including the tip, very reasonable and we left at 8.15 suitably full, in fact very very full.

We were off for a walk on the each next and arrived there just before 9am at Englewood beach where we went the other day. It was much much busier than the other day but then it was a weekend and we were a little later than before.

We walked along and were out for just about an hour and 20 minutes, the car said it was 84 degrees but I can assure you it was absolutely boiling and we were dripping and praying for shade by the time we finished.

It was so beautiful though and very very still out there (which is why it was so hot). The water was very inviting. Poor Grace did very well even though she was begging for mercy, well shade bless her by the end of it.

We made use of the facilities, especially the showers and left to get some things on the way back in Walmart.

We got to Walmart and only had a few things to get so we split up to get them and lost Grandad in the process. He said he was not going to drink any more beer and was going to switch to wine. When nanny eventually found him he had a box of beer under his arm! We then had to pay for this separately as we had already taken the trolley through whilst waiting for Grandad.

More of this happened for the rest of the afternoon. It was very very hot today 94 degrees and my goodness you could feel it.
For lunch we had some giant French stick with salad and chicken pieces we had got from Walmart this morning, the bread was very delicious 😀

We have been making full use of the coffee machine at the villa too and that has been really nice to be able to dip in and just get a mug. After you have done the first test pot and know how much to put in its easy.

The title of today's report Lentils, lentils, lentils comes from Grandad and at home he eats a lot of these and loves them but they normally come in a tin. He couldn't get them in a tin in Walmart and just got a massive bag of them that need simmering for 40 minutes! So let's just say we lost him in the kitchen for ages and we now have a massive pot of cooked lentils because he cooked the WHOLE bag!

We came in from the pool at about 5.45pm and showered and Grace had a fruit salad made by Grandad and I read the local paper!

I started this report and then put Grace to bed and she was asleep by 7.15pm, this was great because Daddy and I was rushing down to the beach to catch the sunset. We made it down there by 7.45 and it was completely amazing. I couldn't believe for a start how many people were there.

The photo does not do it justice I have to say, the beach was heaving 😀 it was a great atmosphere.

We have loads of photos but I will not bore you too much 😀. I will take Nanny and Grandad down later in the week to see it too.

We arrived back just after 9pm and we are now sitting poolside finishing this report and planning our trip to Sarasota beach in the morning.

Thanks for reading and we will see you tomorrow.

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 22 Aug 16 2:19 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What beautiful pictures of the beach! X
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Hot, hot, hot - the pool seems like the best place to be. A great day and a beautiful sunset.
Old 22 Aug 16, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant day lovely sunset photo's

Joan
Old 22 Aug 16, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Stunning photos
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Amiee89 View Post
What beautiful pictures of the beach! X
Really lovely and worth the visit
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Hot, hot, hot - the pool seems like the best place to be. A great day and a beautiful sunset.
Thank goodness for the pool. I have not been before in August, the nearest was Sept and I was apprehensive about the heat but to be fair it has not felt that bad. Thanks for reading
Old 24 Aug 16, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Brilliant day lovely sunset photo's

Joan

It was so nice down there absolutely stunning
Old 24 Aug 16, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Stunning photos
Thanks it was really lovely