Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31 Jul 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Famous Five Hit The Beach Again August 2017 18th August

Friday 18th

Today I woke up at 5am...what's that all about? I really really tried to go back to sleep but I just couldn't so I got up and tried hard to sneak out but Grace was having none of it and followed me out. She was in a foul mood too and really needed to go back to sleep but wouldn't which meant we had cross words a little later on.

I went and made a cuppa and chopped some salad up for later and had a banana before I went and got dressed ready to go out for the walk again. I was chomping at the bit at 6.20 but managed to wait until 6.30. It was still a little bit dark and it was a little cloudy so I didn't do the photo this morning either! I did 2.5 miles in 32 minutes and on reflection I am pretty pleased with this. I also walked over the golf club as I hadn't been on that little path before. I got back just at 7 and we were leaving at 7.15 for the beach. Today Blind Pass Beach was on the list and we made our way there on schedule after nanny had done most of the packing up as Daddy had cut Grandads hair while I was out.

We arrived at the beach at 7.40 and put a towel down then moved it due to some ants! Nanny and Grandad went off for a walk while Daddy went in the sea with his snorkel. Grace just sulked! We looked for sharks teeth and found 13 in total and some nice blue shells we put them in a bag and took them home.

We spent an hour it was beautiful, the water was less turbulent than the other day, it was also much warmer or certainly seemed to be. We made our way to find the showers, Grace managed to press the wrong button and soak me! She then had a meltdown about the sand on her feet in the car... errr we have just been to the beach!

We didn't stop on the way home and were back indoors just before 10. I made eggs and we had those with English muffins, very nice! The weather was quite clear by now and it was a lovely morning. Grandad and Daddy went out on the bikes...at different times and I did quite a bit of swimming today. Grace did cheer up after I had had words with her. She had a big fruit salad for breakfast and a little later 4 slices of toast and a cup of tea

A massive black cloud made its way over at about 1.30 and Daddy was panicking about it raining all over his BBQ! Somehow we managed to avoid this cloud, literally the sun went right round it. Grace got spooked though as it thundered for a while so she went inside. We had the BBQ at about 2.30. I had my final burger (they were skinny ones from Walmart and I have to say they were really good. I had fat free cheese square and tomato sauce and mustard on top, no bread today though. Nanny had fish and I finished the salad later with the chicken so we had done all the chicken now too.

We had just over another hour in the sun, the weather was great today and we are hoping for the same tomorrow! We came in and got showered and decided to go up to Publix for a wander and see what we could get for the BBQ tomorrow. I really wanted some chicken which was marinated but they didn't have any, it was a little disappointing to be honest. I really fancied a glass of wine tonight so I got a ready chilled white Sauvignon Blanc, Grandad got a box of Beck...I did tell him off for not getting a local beer when he can buy blooming Becks at home! Grace also got a six pack of apple juice and I think that was about all. They did get 2 burgers with bacon and cheese in them, they are massive!

We were queuing to pay and someone in front dropped a punnet of blueberries, we did have a little chuckle to ourselves as this had happened to us in Aldi the other day...embarrassing! Grandad helped pick them up but the rest of us stayed well out of it! We could hear the thunder outside while in the shop and it was spitting slightly...but we have had nothing else today at all, a good day.

We were back at 6.45, I gave Grace some cheese and a yoghurt and Grandad made her a cup of tea. We watched a little of Ice Age and I made some popcorn...for later.

She was very good tonight and was asleep at 7.45 after going to up to bed at 7.30...up to bed! we are in a bungalow

We sat outside again tonight I had my wine and we had some crisps and snacks and kept the fan on... 86 at 8pm...madness!

See you tomorrow thanks for reading

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List