Notices

Old 1 Aug 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

The Pezzer Duo All Of The Food Photos...Day 10 Teppan Edo And mickeys Backyard BBQ

We had a lovely couple of hours this morning loafing around the pool in the overcast cloudy non-sun... still better than being at home though.

I decided once 11am struck that it was an acceptable time to try a cocktail from the Muddy Rivers bar.

The thing I've noticed with the cocktails I've tried out here is that a lot of them are super sweet which I don't like so they be pretty much stuck to wine with my meals. Looking at the menu here there was a lot of the same very sweet drinks ... but I noticed a drink called Frose ... it's frozen rose wine and vodka with a bit of berry juice to take the place she off.

It was delicious - it doesn't look much but I really enjoyed this and will be having it again

We had a lunch booking at Teppan Edo so reluctantly had to leave the pool area.. it was so good to relax after all the marching around all day ... I won't lie my feet are starting to give up they are sore and blistered and my new Skechers stink due to all the soakings they've had from the rain...

You check in at Teppan Edo at a small booth outside the big store in Japan not upstairs in the restaurant as we discovered.

You are seated at big tables that seat 8 and share with other groups. I have no issue with that I enjoy talking to new people. We were sat with a family from New York who were very engaging.

Our deluxe plan gave us a starter so we both had ribs after seeing CMG enjoyed his last week.

They were very tasty and better than they looked. Eva has never really eaten ribs before but she ate them all. You also got a small salad bowl which is pretty much lettuce with soy sauce on.

There was a huge choice of mains ranging from chicken, steak, prawns or salmon to combos.

Eva had (what else) filet Mignon again .. I had the same with an add on of scallops. I wanted to not be hungry going to the BBQ later.

You also get two dipping sauces but for the life of me I can't tell you what they were except delicious.

Add to the meat done rice, noodles and vegetables and you end up with quite a bit of food.

Everything we had was really well cooked and tasted great. This was our first try of Teppan Edo and we will come back here again. We may try Kobe when we move to Hard Rock if we can be bothered going offsite.

I declined pud but Eva did have a bowl of vanilla soft serve ice cream.

After food we strolled around world showcase for a bit to work off the food baby ... and got ice cream from France...

I had a really nice peanut butter fudge iced cream that has candied peanuts inside... try it if you like peanut butter.

Eva had salted caramel in a cone.

We went into the Mexico pavilion to ride Grand Fiesta and came out to the worst rain I've ever experienced. There was a clap of thunder overhead which we thought was a bomb it was that loud. I've honestly never experienced a storm quite like it.

We donned ponchos and started the trek over to Wilderness Lodge campground as we knew we wouldn't be able to go by monorail and leisurely boat transfer as planned.

It took around an hour to get over there from Epcot and the rain was just stopping when we arrived. It was eerily quiet as we got off the bus and my hopes were rising for a cancellation ... not to be it was going ahead ...

I'm not a fan of this show. Not because of the loudness or content but I just feel odd going there on my own. Eva goes off and has a great time dancing with the characters and other kids and I just feel like a bit of a saddo sitting at the table on my own with my glass of sangria amongst all the families. Eva watches the show sitting on the floor with all the children so I'm usually just sat there alone for most of the show. I love all the travel we do as just the two of us .. we've been all over Europe and other places in the last ten years and are going to travel Thailand and Vietnam for Xmas on our own ... it's only here at mickeys BBQ that I feel slightly awkward.

My personal feelings aside - Eva loved it. Her little face says it all.

It is a good show for the kiddos and they get to dance with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale in their BBQ cowboy gear.

There's a dude dressed as a cowboy doing tricks with a lasso that's pretty cool and he gets the small ones involved.

It is two credits on the dining plan which I should mention ... Same as all the shows.

The food is just ok. It's cowboy BBQ food. Eva loves it I am not keen as I don't really like buffets beyond breakfast. That's just me being fussy tho.

I couldn't get photos of the buffet but they have:

Burgers, hot dogs, pulled pork, macaroni cheese, grilled chicken, corn bread and lots of salad stuff.

My palate was mostly salad plus macaroni cheese and hot dog

Eva had several burgers like this one..

The show lasted about 2 hours and at the end we lined up for photos with all the characters.

It's a great night out if you want to do something a bit different with the small kids. I reckon Eva will be too old next year for this.

The food is good if you like bbq buffets.

There is unlimited soft drinks and a selection of alcohol including wine beer and sangria.

It starts at 5.30 and finishes at 7.30pm

They do offer an upgrade which gives early access to characters and front row seating but I saw them refunding it to people when we arrived. I'm guessing the early access was cancelled because of the weather.

We decided to go take advantage of EMH at Epcot after the BBQ and it was really quiet in there. It did rain again whilst we were on the monorail so I guess it just cleared the park out. We rode everything we wanted to .. tried the Nemo stuff in the Seas for the first time ever plus Soarin, Spaceship Earth -figment and Test Track were closed so we headed back to Riverside around 10pm and decided we were hungry again and ordered a giant cheese pizza and strawberry milks.

Good pizza - 2 meal credits (we have a bunch left). We sat in bed watching how to survive a tornado eating our supper and chatting about our fab day.

We really are having the best time it's going to be sad to leave.

Eva bought me a baby Dory as we were leaving Epcot. It means a lot to me as the “just keep swimming” is a song we sing which means a lot to us. I had really aggressive breast cancer not long ago and that was the song that we would sing through the sick chemo days. It did make me emotional when she picked up Dory and went off to buy it for me.

Tomorrow is all day at Animal Kingdom so we have bookings for lunch at Tuskers and tea at Tiffins and Rivers of Light.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Absolutely obsessed by this report
Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Pez01 - 1 Aug 18 1:59 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Absolutely obsessed by this report
Thank you
Aw thank you for reading xx

Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Aww that brought a tear to my eye, well done Eva, how lovely.

We have Mickey's Backyard BBQ booked too however I'm debating cancelling it, I hate decisions xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Aww that brought a tear to my eye, well done Eva, how lovely.

We have Mickey's Backyard BBQ booked too however I'm debating cancelling it, I hate decisions xx
It’s great for the kids every child there loved it ... it’s just dead noisy and the lines to meet the characters were pretty long at the end of the night... I wanted to cancel but Eva wouldn’t ever forgive me...

Old 1 Aug 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

How thoughtful of Eva. That really made me well up 💞
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

What a lovely gift😍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ahh Eva’s so cute 😁
Old 1 Aug 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

How lush is Eva 💕 she deserved her night at Mickeys BBQ and if it wasn’t for her putting her foot down you wouldn’t have had two evenings at BOG too! It sounds like your both having a great time together, fabulous memories for you to treasure.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List