Notices

Old 29 Aug 16, 04:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

August 2016 Port Orleans Riverside Day 10, Animal Kingdom And Magic Kingdom

Today started with breakfast at Riverside. 2 X pancakes with sausage and bacon, 1 X Mickey waffle with bacon and sausage. I had Oatmeal (porridge) with Apple juice to keep for later and a warm cinnamon bun which I only managed half of. You can use a quick service for 3 snack credits so we used 4 X quick service credits. We have some spare meal and snack credits.

We decided to get the bus this morning and arrived about 10 minutes after the 9am opening but I wasn't worried as both touring plans and the Dibb busy day guide suggest today won't be busy here. They were right. We went straight to Everest. It said 15 minutes but it took less. The others went round for a re ride. The sign now said 20 so they did single rider and got straight on. We did ride again later in the day too when it said 20 minutes but took less than half that.

This pic is of the toilet block. It shows the detail on the themeing which is amazing. We headed to Khali River Rapids. Darren decided not to ride as he didn't want to get wet. He's been suffering with a sore throat and cold. ( no he hasn't been bitten by any mozzies !) there is always one person on this ride that gets absolutely drenched by a big wave that comes over their entire seat from behind. Today that was me ! Despite the intense heat it took me a long time to dry out. We rode primeval whirl with less than 5 minutes queue and had a look around lots of shops. We haven't bought anything as we know the food receipts from the Magic kingdom contain a 10% off voucher for world of Disney at disney springs so we will pop over there and get the souvenirs all together.

Everest.

We had some photopass photos done here too.

We used some snack credits for some frozen strawberry lemonades.

While the others went to watch it's a bugs life, I went to try Yak and Yeti out as I still hadn't dried out. I had the Teriyaki beef which was delicious and full of sugar snap peas, carrots and mushrooms. Much needed veg! I chose the pineapple coconut cake so I could keep it for the others as I didn't want a dessert.

We all met up again and headed into Africa for the Lion King show.

This show is truly amazing. An absolute must do. Music, dancing, acrobats, dancing with fire, colourful costumes. The songs will have you clapping and dancing in your seat.

The acrobat monkeys were excellent.

Before we left we used a quick service credit for 2 drinks and an elephant ears pastry for the others to share. The photo doesn't show how huge these are.
We headed back to Riverside and Holly and Darren had a rest in the room while Chloe and I hit the pool. It rained lightly very briefly whilst still sunny and we stayed put on our loungers enjoying the coolness. After a while though we could see a storm approaching and hear distant thunder so headed back to shower and change. We timed it well as the rain was torrential.

It was dry when we arrived at MK and the temperature was now much more comfortable. Our first FP was to meet talking Mickey.

This was so good. He chatted to us and had us all laughing with his card trick. Highly recommend booking this. The standby queue was only 25 mins too.

Dinner was in cosmic Rays. 2 X roast chicken mash and green beans and 2 X hotdogs. S'mores and choc cake for desserts and we swopped one dessert for fries.

We had a ride on the people mover and the others rode teacups whilst waiting for our other Fastpasses for the speedway and seven dwarfs mine train. I had booked them for later so we could ride them in the dark.

Everything is so pretty lit up. Apologies for the poor photos. My phone takes much better night photos but as you know it's broken ! Driving me crazy. Can you tell?

Headed to the plaza ice cream shop to grab 3 X cookie sandwiches and a sundae before the electrical parade. I asked to use 1 snack and 1 quick service credit and she put them all through as just a QS credit. Another snack credit left to use. We have quite a few spares now!

We moved into the hub and sat on the new AstroTurf area to wait for Wishes fireworks. It was good but disappointing as it doesn't compare to the amazing show in 2012 with the projections on the castle.
As it finished we speed walked as fast as we could to the bus stop. They had the huge bendy buses running so we got on the second bus and were home in 15 minutes.
There's a tropical storm heading to Florida that's probably going to give us some very wet weather on Tues and Wed, our last 2 days 😢 tomorrow we will be up early as heading for a day at the beach so I better get some sleep. Today was a tiring but amazing day.

Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 05:02 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Floridasun - 29 Aug 16 5:02 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant day

Joan
Old 29 Aug 16, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

Just read all your report- POR looks great- pleased that's where we've booked for next year. Looks like you are having a good time-hope the storm doesn't spoil things.

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Your teriyaki beef looks lush
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Those cookie sundaes! And elephant ear pastry I didn't find one the other day when we were there!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A truly brilliant day, AK and then MK, love it.