Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 May 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Now confirmed- SSR direct prices going up to $180 tomorrow.

Not sure about other contracts but two people have received emails from guides this past few days allegedly saying SSR is going up to $180 direct tomorrow.
I’ve never known them to put just one up, but SSR did sell a large number of direct points last month (19000) and maybe DVD thought they’d cash in, or hope to bump up resale prices as well to make it less desirable?
Anyway if true, it wouldn’t surprise me if others go up as well.
Crazy to think you could pick up resale in 2015 for $70 ish a point.

Edited at 08:06 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Yeah crazy. We paid $75 in 2015!
Old 26 May 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
Yes even in 2016 I got one for 79 with banked points, rented them out and it was 65 net.
Old 26 May 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
Goes to show the difference over the years and also the difference between direct and resale, as we paid a similar amount direct in 2003!
Old 27 May 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Rumour now confirmed.

Only SSR has increased. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that before on a sold out property?

DVC News says demand for SSR has been substantial. 19,000 direct points sold last month, 14,000 a month before and similar numbers expected this month. DVC News says it’s undergoing a ‘renaissance’. Seems the refurb is a large part of that.

If they are now making $60 ish per point direct compared to what they are picking them up resale (assuming 125) that’s a very nice piece of business there. Over $1m a month gross profit before costs. They will probably also make quite a bit off the high finance charges.
Old 28 May 21, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JaguarSkills
Proud to wear my Ears

To be fair we got our resale contract only about a year ago for 180 points @ $87!
JaguarSkills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Hard to see any value in it at those prices. I really don't think any resort is worth what Disney say. They are not exactly deluxe. It does make you wonder what the new GF will be- I think over $225 pp now.

My BWV may be a shorter contract but I paid $57pp resale in 2013, even now its going for nearly double that and that's just crazy.
Old 30 May 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Funny, it appeared we had bought at the wrong time, just before COVID hit, now it appears to have been the right time. Would just like to use them now! 😂
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Funny, it appeared we had bought at the wrong time, just before COVID hit, now it appears to have been the right time. Would just like to use them now! 😂
You definitely bought in a small timeframe of a dip- well done. Edit you bought just before the small dip (?)but you still did well given the way prices are going now.
Old 2 Jun 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
IMO I don't think any of the resorts are worth Direct prices but then they have the ever increasing rack rate to conveniently use as a comparison
Still hoping for Sept- there's nothing like paying for something that you can't use! Once upon a time we had a healthy Suntrust balance!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List