Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jun 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile Jet2 now requires medical proof for no mask on aircraft

Just a heads up for anyone who is exempt from wearing a mask will now in future have to have a letter/certificate from a GP or medical practitioner saying they are medically exempt from wearing a mask on their aircraft. It does not need to say why though.

If you turn up without a letter/certificate and refuse to wear a mask you will now be denied boarding. This information should now show up on Jet2.Com's website.

I think this has come about due to the abuse of the lanyard scheme and suspect other airlines will probably follow suit in the future. Jet2 can insist on a letter as its now a legal requirement to wear a mask on public transport.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Just a heads up for anyone who is exempt from wearing a mask will now in future have to have a letter/certificate from a GP or medical practitioner saying they are medically exempt from wearing a mask on their aircraft. It does not need to say why though.

If you turn up without a letter/certificate and refuse to wear a mask you will now be denied boarding. This information should now show up on Jet2.Com's website.

I think this has come about due to the abuse of the lanyard scheme and suspect other airlines will probably follow suit in the future. Jet2 can insist on a letter as its now a legal requirement to wear a mask on public transport.
Good on Jet2, why is it that there’s always someone who takes advantage and spoils it for the majority 😢😢😢
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

fairy nuff i say

as usual people abusing the exemptions spoils it for the genuine cases, but if you are genuine then its a wee bit of hassle to get a letter surely?

having said all that i think we will be lucky to board a plane anywhere in 2021..
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Great news - it a much fairer system and one I applaud (although after having to wear a mask for an extended time the other evening at a over heated opera house - I wont be flying anywhere until they are no longer needed as it made me ill)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Excellent hope other airlines follow suit. I expect the private fee charged by GP practices to issue an exemption certificate will make many "exempt" people pop one on for the flight.
Old 9 Jun 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Good, wish everywhere did the same! Theres very few genuine reasons for not wearing a mask! I know lots of people who could say they were exempt for genuine reasons but dont!
The whole world suddenly seems to.have sunflower lanyards!
If you have a genuine reason then getting a doctors letter shouldn't be a problem.
This will def stop the ones who just say they are exempt because they don't want to wear a mask which I honestly think most do!
This isn't a dig at people who genuinely can't wear one by the way!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I don't have any problem with this at all 👍

My daughter has autism and she's exempt but worn a mask the whole time , I took her for an eye test at the weekend our opticians know of her circumstances but we do have a sunflower lanyard she's had for years for air travel and we took it wish us, she wouldn't wear it but did have it in her hand, staff asked her countless times if she wanted to remove her mask but she didn't .
I hate masks but I plod on with wearing mine , it's no fun in this heat, when I'm menopausal and working an 8 hour shift but for now it is what it is.

We all know or hear about people abusing the system for so many things, its not fair on people with genuine exemptions or reasons
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I think it's the only fair way,I totally get there are genuine cases for wearing the sunflower lanyard,but too many are taking the pee,I know someone local to me who will stand puffing away on her cigs waiting on the bus then proudly tells everyone she's excempt from wearing a mask as she has an inhaler😳
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List