Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 10 Jun 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Cancelling with less than 30 days

For all the DVC experts... We have our first DVC booked for August 19th 2021 (using banked Mar 20 points, Mar 21 points, and 34 borrowed Mar 22 points). Please could someone help me to understand 1. What happens to these points if I cancel 31 days before and 2. What happens if I don't cancel until the very last minute?

I get the feeling I'm going to have to make a decision on these points before I get any guidance from Mr Shapps et al
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

31 days before - all points are returned to the Mar '21 use year. The Mar '20 banked ones and the Mar '22 borrowed have to be used by 28 Feb 2022. The Mar '21 use year could be banked into Mar '22n up to 31st October 2021.

30 days or less - all points go into a holding account and can only be used for a reservation a maximum of 60 days before check in.

DVC have said they will asses each case individually if you call in from the UK and can't travel due to closed borders but if they decline your appeal the above rules will apply.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
31 days before - all points are returned to the Mar '21 use year. The Mar '20 banked ones and the Mar '22 borrowed have to be used by 28 Feb 2022. The Mar '21 use year could be banked into Mar '22n up to 31st October 2021.

30 days or less - all points go into a holding account and can only be used for a reservation a maximum of 60 days before check in.

DVC have said they will asses each case individually if you call in from the UK and can't travel due to closed borders but if they decline your appeal the above rules will apply.
Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that. Sounds like it’s going to go down to the wire then 😬
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I spoke with member services chat service yesterday after our flights were cancelled for July 18th. We have borrowed points for this trip and need to have them put back into 2022. He said that it couldn’t be done via chat and required a phone call, however their lines are incredibly busy and I kept getting a message telling me to call back later then cutting me off. I’ll try again tonight when I finish work and hope to eventually get through and sorted.
I have heard of some difficulty in banked points from 2020, my advice is rather than losing those, trying to rent them out to the US market.
Old 10 Jun 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
I spoke with member services chat service yesterday after our flights were cancelled for July 18th. We have borrowed points for this trip and need to have them put back into 2022. He said that it couldn’t be done via chat and required a phone call, however their lines are incredibly busy and I kept getting a message telling me to call back later then cutting me off. I’ll try again tonight when I finish work and hope to eventually get through and sorted.
I have heard of some difficulty in banked points from 2020, my advice is rather than losing those, trying to rent them out to the US market.
That's interesting, I had some of mine returned to the original use year over chat recently. Always changing though. I will be appealing for them to do this again if August is cancelled, otherwise will have to rent them out.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List