Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

When do the airlines notify of a cancellation

I know I know its like asking how long is a piece of string. But does anyone have a good educated guess at how far in advance the airlines are told sorry you can't fly that day/week.

I had an email on Friday along the lines of 'how excited are you in 7 weeks you will be in Florida' with a reminder that the balance is due soon.

We are due to pay the balance of our holiday with BA (flights, car and tickets) on 3rd July, will the airlines know by then whether they are going to be able to fly on 7th August, surely their finances must dictate that they fly every opportunity that they are able to and allowed, so how late do they leave it to cancel. I saw somewhere else that Virgin have cancelled their flights up to late July so surely they must know something.

I am able to push it back by a week but I guess there are many others who have already booked for the 13th and if that is not cancelled there is probably not much chance of us getting on that flight.

It's the not knowing that's driving me up the wall and after not having any time away last year and to think of another year (we can only go during August) without getting away from these four walls arrrgh.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

BA seem to be cancelling roughly about 4 or 5 weeks before at the minute There is a thread running about it in Trip Planning and might be an idea to subscribe to it.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1194626
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

British airways are cancelling 4 to 5 weeks out at the moment,are you sure your payment is due 3rd july?,for 7th august I would have thought 17th July,as ba packages are due 3 weeks before at the moment. I know ours is,think its standard just now.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
British airways are cancelling 4 to 5 weeks out at the moment,are you sure your payment is due 3rd july?,for 7th august I would have thought 17th July,as ba packages are due 3 weeks before at the moment. I know ours is,think its standard just now.
Yes sorry it is 17th July, its 3rd July for our park tickets to be paid.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I think you should know next weekend. We’ve been notified today of the cancellation of 1 August. At least it was before the deposit was due.
Old 25 Jun 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Do you get the option to rebook or do they just give you a refund automatically. We can't do anything until next August anyway and I don't think they are booking that far ahead.
Old 25 Jun 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
Do you get the option to rebook or do they just give you a refund automatically. We can't do anything until next August anyway and I don't think they are booking that far ahead.
Yes not booking that far ahead, they will offer option to cancel and refund if they cancel one of the flights.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We had 3 options with BA yesterday:

Rebook
Voucher
Refund

We opted for a refund.