Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Stone Disney
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The rooms aren't actually that much larger - almost all of the extra square footage is in the hallway so not really usable space. The bedroom area is nearly identical to the standard rooms.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the tower rooms and they absolutely are my first choice across all WDW resorts. I was gutted that it wasn't quite open when I last stayed. But if the budget is tight, I don't think they're worth the upcharge over the standard rooms.
Thanks again loldis,

Glad you can really recommend the quality of the tower rooms at CSR. We do qualify for the offer, 17th November is the last arrival date which qualifies in that month 😂. The only reason why we haven't already booked are the mixed reviews we've seen regarding the bus only resort transportation to the parks. What are your thoughts and experiences of this, or do you normally hire a car and drive yourselves to the parks etc 🤔
Stone Disney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stone Disney View Post
Thanks again loldis,

Glad you can really recommend the quality of the tower rooms at CSR. We do qualify for the offer, 17th November is the last arrival date which qualifies in that month 😂. The only reason why we haven't already booked are the mixed reviews we've seen regarding the bus only resort transportation to the parks. What are your thoughts and experiences of this, or do you normally hire a car and drive yourselves to the parks etc 🤔
I don't drive. I definitely see a lot of people complain about bus only resorts - AKL gets the same, although not quite as bad as people are more willing to overlook issues in a deluxe for some reason. But I personally have never had an issue with the buses. They're very frequent and I only had one my entire trip (only 6 nights but I park hop and take frequent hotel breaks, so was on and off the buses a lot) that was anywhere close to full leaving the resort.

It's a convention resort so if you're there during a convention (as I was) a lot of the guests aren't even heading for the parks in the morning, so the queues will always be shorter than at a similar sized resort. Most of the time the buses only a handful of people on them. YMMV, especially since you'll be there over Thanksgiving - it's likely a higher percentage will be leisure travellers.

But both of those points keep the price down on CSR, so it's win win in my book

ETA: Staying in the tower, you will be last on the bus loop so that's its main downside. But if you find the buses are full, you can walk over to the Casitas stop in about 5 mins which is first on the loop.

Edited at 07:07 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List