Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jun 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Booking.com

I am planning for next June having only booked the flights and car hire to date.
I am looking at a particular property in Orlando which is cheaper through Booking.com than any other method.
However whilst I understand the cancellation policy one thing worries me.
Apparently I do not pay now but pay the resort when I arrive ?
I have asked B.com if that means that they do not actually reserve the accommodation until later or do they actually reserve it when I make the booking.
They answers are far from clear I wondered if any Dibbers had experience of booking through Booking .com
Thanks
tapley is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

They reserve it for you now when you book. I've never paid in advance for any US hotel except hotels on Disney property.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

They reserve for you now, you will receive a booking confirmation with all the information on, and you pay when you get there, very easy we have booked many hotels via this method .

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
nickand
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Booking.com will advise cancellation fees so look for no cancellation fees. I have previously booked hard rock, first night payment was taken by universal in $ and refunded when i cancelled back to my revolut card in $.
nickand is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all it has put my mind at rest
tapley is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve lost count at the amount of offsite hotels I’ve booked pay on arrival and cancelled the last year or so …possibly 15 or so ..I’m very indecisive lol ..at least if you have booked a package your hotel is the one your going too unless you pay an amendment fee ..and after doing all that I’m staying on site now anyway ..well for the first week ..still have about 5 hotels booked for the 2nd week that I need to whittle down 😂
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List