Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

July flights cancelled, had Mexico as Plan B. Now trying to decide whether to extend Mexico and change the flights so I can get into the US. BA not answering calls, they are too busy!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

We had a holiday booked for August 25th and decided a few weeks ago to move it to next year.
I was still hopeful it would go ahead when I was outvoted to move it

I'm glad we did now, as I just can't see the USA opening up in time.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
July flights cancelled, had Mexico as Plan B. Now trying to decide whether to extend Mexico and change the flights so I can get into the US. BA not answering calls, they are too busy!
That's the problem isn't it, it's so hard to modify anything at the moment! I've decided if it doesn't go ahead, i'll wait for a refund then plan a trip myself to Mexico then onward to Orlando.

I'm wondering if Virgin will let me keep my reward flight home (base fare upgraded to Upper), but I gave up trying to speak to them.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Ooberjay
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by RossS View Post
I completely agree, why are double vaccinated people still unable to go on?

Yes I know that you can still carry it on to people blah blah blah, so test at airports...

Stop wasting time, so there will be some form of travel industry left. It is beyond a joke it really is.

Politics is all it is.

I Agree double vaccinated are very unlikely to get seriously ill, so should they get covid its a rough cold at worst . So it's test on entry each way. As with kids yes I will vaccinate when offered but with regards to travel, should they catch it how ill will they be ? Not very , more likely to contract In school than out in the florida sun
Ooberjay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just had dreaded cancellation email for 31st July BA Gatwick-MCO 😭
Old 25 Jun 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve just had my flights cancelled - 2 separate bookings. 1 was for 26th July, 1 for 1st Aug 😢
Even hedging my bets didn’t work….
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
That's the problem isn't it, it's so hard to modify anything at the moment! I've decided if it doesn't go ahead, i'll wait for a refund then plan a trip myself to Mexico then onward to Orlando.

I'm wondering if Virgin will let me keep my reward flight home (base fare upgraded to Upper), but I gave up trying to speak to them.
My balance is due tomorrow and I still can't get hold of BA to change anything. No idea if I can change anything less than 3 weeks before we go
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I just wish Biden would say whether or not he is waiting for cases to come down here, or just a higher vaccination rate. That way we know if it's cases, no travel this year as the projections show this wave just merging with winter and peaking around Christmas 🙈 The more severe projection shows cases peaking much earlier in September/October, but the vaccines are doing their job and slowing the wave down, so the more 'optimistic' Christmas peak looks likely. I'm just curious what Biden is waiting for!

Edit: please tell me if i'm wrong here, i've been scouring the web for a projection that shows an earlier peak!

If it's for vaccination, then we shouldn't have long to wait?

So agonising! 😩
It's the cases not vaccinations

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
It's the cases not vaccinations
That is my biggest fear. If we are to believe the projections (see twitter link from Andy C in the exponential thread for some recent modelling), we would be looking at May 22 for the earliest reopening.

My hope is that cases don't seem to be a huge issue in the US, as they are here, so when the data confirms hospitalisations and deaths remain low regardless of cases (which we're on track for), Biden may consider an earlier reopening than one dictated by waiting for low cases again.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I was so fed up with everything this morning that I've booked 11 nights in Barbados leaving in 10 days time! I feel much better now

While booking my flights I got talking to the guy about my August flights. He said he was confident that we'll know something next month and that an announcement stateside was happening on the 13th July and another one on the 17th/18th. He said borders will open end of July and that he very much doubts my 7th August flights will get cancelled.

Watch this space I guess...