Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 May 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Points...

Think I am confusing myself lol

My 2019 balance points plus some of 2020 I am hoping to use in July! DVC have said if I cant then 31 days out I can bank them to May 22. Fab. However, what happens if I cancel less than 31 days? Holding? how does it work? My use year is March.

Also would cancelling less than 31 days be an issue moving them to RCI?

TIA
Old 15 May 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
Think I am confusing myself lol

My 2019 balance points plus some of 2020 I am hoping to use in July! DVC have said if I cant then 31 days out I can bank them to May 22. Fab. However, what happens if I cancel less than 31 days? Holding? how does it work? My use year is March.

Also would cancelling less than 31 days be an issue moving them to RCI?

TIA
I think if you cancel within the 30 days then yes they will go into holding. I don’t think you can transfer to RCI if in holding... I need to check as we have a similar issue with banked points for our Sept trip.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I would look carefully before moving to RCI. I’ve never found anything I could book when I have looked.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I would look carefully before moving to RCI. I’ve never found anything I could book when I have looked.
Right! Trying to work out my options if I don’t cancel by 9 June then we don’t get to go in July! Not sure how long they are in holding? Suppose could try and rent them out
Old 15 May 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I’ve set a decision date in my head, so we will cancel before holding if things are no clearer. I think flights will be cancelled anyway if we don’t know a month before travel.

Someone else posted that The Swan had great rates. So you could cancel DVC and rent your points to lay for The Swan.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
For reference.

Vacation Points in your Holding Account will be good until the end of your Use Year when they will expire. You can use them like you would your regular Vacation Points, except that reservations must be made within 60 days of your Check-In. Vacation Points in a Holding Account also cannot be banked or borrowed.
Here are some guidelines regarding usage of Holding Account Vacation Points.
These Vacation Points can be used for a new Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation during your current Use Year as long as the reservation is booked 60 or less days before the new Check-In date.
These Vacation Points can also be used for a new reservation during your current Use Year in 2 ways:
For the Disney Collection* (except Disneyland Resort in California and Tokyo Disney Resort hotels), or Concierge Collection*, you can make the reservation more than 4 months before the end of your Use Year for a Check-In date that is 60 or less days before the new Check-In date.
For Disney Collection reservations at Disneyland Resort in California and Tokyo Disney Resort hotels, or the World Collection, as long as the reservation is booked 60 or less days before the new Check-In date.
These Vacation Points cannot be banked or borrowed.
These Vacation Points must be used by the end of the Use Year or they expire.
Old 15 May 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Demand will be really picking up for WDW now, I’d go for the rent, I rented a number of mine no problems at all months ago.
Old 15 May 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Yeah I think it might have to be rental. I am not sure I will know by 9 June! Certainly don’t think flights will be cancelled by that date!

It’s very stressful lol
Old 15 May 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
Yeah I think it might have to be rental. I am not sure I will know by 9 June! Certainly don’t think flights will be cancelled by that date!

It’s very stressful lol
Go on Hotels.Com and book Swan, you pay one night only, fully refundable to 7 days before. I booked it just over a week ago and got the King Suite for $300 a night. I checked it on US Hotels.com and it was double.
I really, really want my July Copper Creek stay but if by end of June it’s still not clear, unless DVC give me assurance over those points I’ll cancel, maybe shift those banked points to our December reservation, bank the points on my December reservation to next year, and stay in Swan.
If I didn’t have the December reservation for those banked points I’d rent them out and use that cash for Swan (could still do that yet, not decided 100% I’ll use them for December).
I’d do the Swan back up if I were you maybe.

Edited at 10:40 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Go on Hotels.Com and book Swan, you pay one night only, fully refundable to 7 days before. I booked it just over a week ago and got the King Suite for $300 a night. I checked it on US Hotels.com and it was double.
I really, really want my July Copper Creek stay but if by end of June it’s still not clear, unless DVC give me assurance over those points I’ll cancel, maybe shift those banked points to our December reservation, bank the points on my December reservation to next year, and stay in Swan.
If I didn’t have the December reservation for those banked points I’d rent them out and use that cash for Swan (could still do that yet, not decided 100% I’ll use them for December).
I’d do the Swan back up if I were you maybe.
Yeah might be best getting a back up plan in place! Cheers great idea