Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Jun 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

I got a similar message a few months back. I’ve (maybe foolishly) took the punt that Disney would do the fair and right thing for its International members if we can’t get into the country, and there is precedent in their actions.

My points are from 2021 not 2020, so maybe an easier decision for Disney to allow me to bank them to 2022.

If I don’t get to Vero Beach for 29th July I’ll be able to test my theory!
KemlynUltra is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Due to fly on 23/07 and have a reservation using points from different use years. Cancellation date looming!
I’m not great with points but after using Chat yesterday I understood that there will be no extension of cancellation date, of my points 1 lot treated normally to be used end of July ‘22, they have extended some to be used by the same time and the remainder will have to be negotiated at time of cancellation.
I’ve chatted with this guy before and it’s like pulling teeth, he is definitely of the Disney school of CM who only answers a direct question and gives no additional information.
I asked him to break down the 635 points used for my current reservation the above was as good as I got.
I have Swan booked for 8 nights at the start and then should be able to use points from 01/08.
Availability does not appear great.
Looks like some calls coming up with lengthy wait times no doubt.
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I'm getting itchy feet with my points, and the policy is about as clear as the borders situation.

As far as I know, my use year is Dec so I have until July to cancel and bank my points into next year? Someone mentioned an extension of banking but I don't know what this is?

The borrowed points situation is anyone's guess, but I'd hope they be flexible if the borders are closed.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
Due to fly on 23/07 and have a reservation using points from different use years. Cancellation date looming!
I’m not great with points but after using Chat yesterday I understood that there will be no extension of cancellation date, of my points 1 lot treated normally to be used end of July ‘22, they have extended some to be used by the same time and the remainder will have to be negotiated at time of cancellation.
I’ve chatted with this guy before and it’s like pulling teeth, he is definitely of the Disney school of CM who only answers a direct question and gives no additional information.
I asked him to break down the 635 points used for my current reservation the above was as good as I got.
I have Swan booked for 8 nights at the start and then should be able to use points from 01/08.
Availability does not appear great.
Looks like some calls coming up with lengthy wait times no doubt.
I bet this is the one who kept me holding on for ages whilst he double checked my meagre 25 direct points were enough to qualify for the discount tickets- despite me telling him yes, I have blue card. Very stickler personality.
Old 10 Jun 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I'm getting itchy feet with my points, and the policy is about as clear as the borders situation.

As far as I know, my use year is Dec so I have until July to cancel and bank my points into next year? Someone mentioned an extension of banking but I don't know what this is?

The borrowed points situation is anyone's guess, but I'd hope they be flexible if the borders are closed.
I am Dec UY as well, and yes we have until 31st July to bank any points.

I’m really unsure of what to do as I’ve used banked, current, borrowed and because I cancelled last year to Hawaii I think I have some extended points too, but my account now looks such a mess I haven’t got a clue what is what anymore! Adding into the mix that I panicked last year and rented some out so that I didn’t lose them altogether, I’m now clueless as to what my options are and which points are which! Doesn’t help that I’ve got four small contracts at two different resorts too! Haha! 😢

I don’t travel until October, so am currently burying my head in the sand and hoping the world will be in a better place by the end of July when I guess I need to worry about it! 😂

Edited at 03:40 PM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Well I can report positive news!
I had to cancel my early July res. Some points went in holding because I stupidly cancelled at 30 days instead of 31. 🙄
Literally just got off the phone with MS and they transferred all my points into next year. Was showing in my account instantly. I think I got really lucky with the CM and the supervisor. But there is hope for us all!
We have an august UY.
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I am Dec UY as well, and yes we have until 31st July to bank any points.

I’m really unsure of what to do as I’ve used banked, current, borrowed and because I cancelled last year to Hawaii I think I have some extended points too, but my account now looks such a mess I haven’t got a clue what is what anymore! Adding into the mix that I panicked last year and rented some out so that I didn’t lose them altogether, I’m now clueless as to what my options are and which points are which! Doesn’t help that I’ve got four small contracts at two different resorts too! Haha! 😢

I don’t travel until October, so am currently burying my head in the sand and hoping the world will be in a better place by the end of July when I guess I need to worry about it! 😂
Haha, me too. Mine have been pinched and punched around so much I honestly don't know what points are what!

We're booked for August though, so it's a bit more critical. It's the borrowed points i'm more concerned about. The later it gets I feel DVC are less likely to bend the rules.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I bet this is the one who kept me holding on for ages whilst he double checked my meagre 25 direct points were enough to qualify for the discount tickets- despite me telling him yes, I have blue card. Very stickler personality.
Probably the one and the same - the lovely Todd.
He did disappear for about 7-8 mins during our chat yesterday, to check on something !
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I’ve just spent an hour on to member services as I was told twice the couldn’t be done via chat. Granted we’re a week ahead of the 30 days but there was no question from them that they could do it for us
Old 10 Jun 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have points in RCI, points banked from last year, this years and then next years arriving in Dec and we probably can’t go next year as have other holidays booked. I literally have no idea what to do anymore if we can’t go this Sept. Have rented out before so will probably have to try that 😳

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List