Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 22 Jun 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Many of us won't be using David's to rent our points out - I won't be for sure as all the risk is on me and I have to pay a middleman? No thanks.
Same. So many won’t give them their points since their policy change, it’ll be interesting to see the impact on availability.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Same. So many won’t give them their points since their policy change, it’ll be interesting to see the impact on availability.
What is the change?
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Exactly what makes David's a good deal for the holiday maker please.

Thanks
Financial protection rather than paying somebody you don't know via a forum etc.

Its good for the renter but means less money for the owner of the points - hence unpopular by some DVC owners
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

What is the change?
It’s a change in their contract with owners that could put our points at risk.

I’ve never used them anyway, never seen the point. I’ve rented my points privately since the first time in 2006, so wouldn’t consider them anyway, I use my own Ts&Cs & work with my renters as most of us do.

(No I don’t have any to rent 😂 )

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Financial protection rather than paying somebody you don't know via a forum etc.

Its good for the renter but means less money for the owner of the points - hence unpopular by some DVC owners
But the only financial protection is an insurance policy, my experience of insurance is it is difficult to get money from insurance policies particularly ones based in foreign countries
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I’ve never used them anyway, never seen the point. I’ve rented my points privately since the first time in 2006, so wouldn’t consider them anyway, I use my own Ts&Cs & work with my renters as most of us do.

As I have said, I'm not renting this year, last year I lost money when renting from a Dibber, I realise I rented at my risk but don't want to do that again. I am prepared to pay more to get a refundable product.
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

As I have said, I'm not renting this year, last year I lost money when renting from a Dibber, I realise I rented at my risk but don't want to do that again. I am prepared to pay more to get a refundable product.
Great, good luck.

I was answering your question as to what’s changed.
I’m not renting my points out this year, as you know from messaging me asking for BCV points recently.

Edited at 04:23 PM.
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Great, good luck.

I was answering your question as to what’s changed.
I’m not renting my points out this year, as you know from messaging me asking for BCV points recently.
Yes I did, like many I thought the pandemic would be shorter lived, I'm very worried that travel will still be at risk next year so I've booked a two bed club level suite at the Beach Club, that way I get to cancel right up to the last minute so I'm happy with that.

Hope your holiday goes ahead as planned. Have fun
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Yes I did, like many I thought the pandemic would be shorter lived, I'm very worried that travel will still be at risk next year so I've booked a two bed club level suite at the Beach Club, that way I get to cancel right up to the last minute so I'm happy with that.

Hope your holiday goes ahead as planned. Have fun
Glad you got sorted, fingers crossed for us all!

Old 25 Jun 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
themacfamily
Gone all Goofy

I use my own Ts&Cs & work with my renters as most of us do.

I just put in a request with David's for 2 rooms at Beach Club and 2 rooms at The Poly for May 2022 and they said that while there is availability, they don't have the points from anyone to make our bookings right now and have put us on a waiting list.

I was surprised because we are right on the 11-month mark and if they can't fill simple requests like this so far in advance, what good are they?

Could you please recommend the best way to go about finding someone to rent points from online? Is there a specific website or forum that is known for it's trust and reliability of it's users that people recommend and have had consistently good experiences with?

Many thanks in advance!
themacfamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List