Old 11 Jun 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Holiday Inn, Disney Springs

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone had stayed here at all and what your impressions were?

It’s a WDW Partner hotel and as far as I understand it, is meant to have on site benefits such as free transportation, 60 day FP booking (if FP were still around &#128584 etc.

I’m most interested in:

1) Transportation - how frequent is it?
2) Can you get the on site benefits if you just book through a regular site like booking.com/loveholidays.com?
3) Is Disney Springs walkable from that location or not?

Thanks in advance!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have not stayed here. I stay at the palace. However, I can advise that you do get transport to the Disney parks , (unless changed in last 18 months!), its basically on the half hour, each coach serves 2 parks and I think from memory your bus serves 4 hotels.

I book via ocean Florida and get all the benefits

Springs is definitely within walking distance along a well lit pavement and then over an airbridge ( there is a lift). Depending on how quick you walk I guess from HI it would take about 10, maybe 15 minutes. There was a bus from hotel to Springs I think after 4.30, I never used it as it was quicker to walk!
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Not stayed there myself but it is very highly rated on TripAdvisor if you go by that sort of thing.

Only a short walk to Springs with nice sidewalks to use. I would look at maybe booking direct and signing up with their loyalty scheme to get benefits that way.

Like all hotels in the area, you will need to pay a resort fee and parking but when I looked recently, they are doing pakages to cover this in advance.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
Not stayed there myself but it is very highly rated on TripAdvisor if you go by that sort of thing.

Only a short walk to Springs with nice sidewalks to use. I would look at maybe booking direct and signing up with their loyalty scheme to get benefits that way.

Like all hotels in the area, you will need to pay a resort fee and parking but when I looked recently, they are doing pakages to cover this in advance.
That’s a great shout on the loyalty scheme - have a look at the IHG friends and family rate Tracey - you may be able to save a decent chunk
Old 15 Jun 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Mobile

Ive stayed at the Wyndham and best western, they are served by the same transport, I can say it’s frequent, air conditioned and I’ve never had a problem getting on it.

How much is the resort fee at the holiday inn? Wyndham is 25$ per room per night.
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
That’s a great shout on the loyalty scheme - have a look at the IHG friends and family rate Tracey - you may be able to save a decent chunk

Sorry, have you please got a link for this? I might book a hotel on Hotel plaza boulevard and have never heard of this?

Any saving of money be great

Thanks
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BIGDENNIS10UK View Post
Ive stayed at the Wyndham and best western, they are served by the same transport, I can say it’s frequent, air conditioned and I’ve never had a problem getting on it.

How much is the resort fee at the holiday inn? Wyndham is 25$ per room per night.
It's also $25 but I've definitely seen promotions on this. Mousesavers are running one now (currently only for this summer though) that reduces it to $10 and includes a room discount as well.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
It's also $25 but I've definitely seen promotions on this. Mousesavers are running one now (currently only for this summer though) that reduces it to $10 and includes a room discount as well.
Sorry, but have you got a link for that please?

I can see discounts for most of the others (doubletree, etc...), but not for the Wyndham, HI or the best western (which are the cheaper ones in my experience),I’m basically looking for that area, but I’ll stay at the cheapest tbh, we need 3 rooms (both MIL’s need their own room), so the resort fees add up, we’d love to get them discounted.

Thanks for showing me the mousesavers site BTW, gonna keep my eye on that site 👍

Edited at 02:00 PM.
Old 15 Jun 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Another place to check is Virgin Holidays as they often waive resort fees for VH customers. I'm not sure if they have the Hotel Plaza Blvd resorts, since I prefer booking directly. But if you don't mind using a third party, could be a good option.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Another place to check is Virgin Holidays as they often waive resort fees for VH customers. I'm not sure if they have the Hotel Plaza Blvd resorts, since I prefer booking directly. But if you don't mind using a third party, could be a good option.
I'm not sure VH waive the fees - they tend to build them into the pricing. They are not always cheaper but it does give you a confirmed cost, you don't need to worry about currency fluctuations and you don't have a big bill (even if it is expected) at the end of your holiday.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List