Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

VA Reward flights

just been having a play around on seat spy looking at reward flights to start tracking them and the last reward flights I can see out there are in March 21 although the calendar possibly looked like it went up to 4th May.

Does anyone know if they have released reward seats beyond 20/3/21 yet and they have all been taken or is it just that they haven't released any since then? Would love to get an understanding before its time for my flights as to any delays on releasing them.
Old 14 Jun 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Can you confirm 2021 or are you looking for 2022?

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It appears from other posts that the Florida routes have very little/ no availability for reward seats at present

I booked in May on return release day for reward seats but this was lhr-lax, travelling in March/ April 2022

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
just been having a play around on seat spy looking at reward flights to start tracking them and the last reward flights I can see out there are in March 21 although the calendar possibly looked like it went up to 4th May.

Does anyone know if they have released reward seats beyond 20/3/21 yet and they have all been taken or is it just that they haven't released any since then? Would love to get an understanding before its time for my flights as to any delays on releasing them.
If you are looking for Mar/Apr 2022 any reward seats that may have been available for Florida will probably have been snapped up due to the Easter period.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
If you are looking for Mar/Apr 2022 any reward seats that may have been available for Florida will probably have been snapped up due to the Easter period.
no I'm not looking for March/April I am just starting to track but trying to find out whats actually been released so far or if they are running a month and a half behind sales release. So looking to see if anyone knows of reward seats that they have been able to get beyond 19th March I think it was.

The seats I want won't be out for several months yet
Old 14 Jun 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Can you confirm 2021 or are you looking for 2022?

Steve
I am looking at 2022 but my flights have several months yet before they would even think about it just trying to track whats being released.
Old 14 Jun 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
It appears from other posts that the Florida routes have very little/ no availability for reward seats at present

I booked in May on return release day for reward seats but this was lhr-lax, travelling in March/ April 2022
I would love to do a sneaky trip to Hawaii. the flights I checked were from Manchester and never thought to check LHR may have a sneaky look later
Old 18 Jun 21, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPlanner73
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I too am waiting for either Orlando or Jamaica and seeing what is out there. If you pay cash there are direct Virgin flights, using points are only indirect Delta flights. I can’t believe all these seats have already been taken as I am putting in non school holiday dates or they just have a very few number of reward seats released 🤷
Old 18 Jun 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Interested to follow this.
I’m looking for reward seats to Antigua May 2022. None at all at present & I don’t think for April either.
I’ve paid for Seatspy as think if & when seats are released they’ll be snapped up quickly.
UPDATE: I’ve just checked all classes outbound everyday from the tues after Easter 19April - 15 May NOT 1 single reward seat.
Maybe once long haul flights resume fully they’ll be released?

Edited at 07:22 AM.
Frankie & gang is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Guppy
Excited about Disney

Guppy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
We’re hoping to fly LHR-MIA in late April (after Easter) and then MCO-LHR in May using reward flights. So far there is nothing for either.

I’ve signed up for seatspy and still check everyday anyway 😹

(We also looked at all the Caribbean destinations too from LHR but there was nothing for these either)

I doubt they are completely sold out of reward flights. I expect they will see how many cash seats they can sell first with all the pent up demand and then release more reward flights at a later date…. Or at least that’s what we are hoping!

Edited at 07:29 AM.
Guppy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List