Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Jun 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Experiences travelling to/from an amber country

We have a trip to France (DLP specifically) booked for July and I've yet to decide whether or not we should go. It will be me travelling (I am fully vaccinated so can visit with just a test before we travel) and DS, who should therefore also be able to visit with me with just a test before travel.

We'll then have to get tested before we travel back (I understand that France are offering tests for free) and then isolate (I can work from home assuming work have no issues with this) with the tests on days 2 and 8.

I'm aware that I also need to check my travel insurance to see if we'll be covered and arrange extra cover if needed.

I have until a week before to cancel/amend the hotel and Eurostar but in the meantime if anyone has experienced visiting an amber country it would be great if you could share how you got on.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I live in France. My understanding is that travellers from the UK have to quarantine for 7 days upon arrival in France (even if vaccinated) . If not vaccinated then no entry.

Will double check again for you but when I read the rules last week that was my understanding.

Good news - it seems that you can enter if double vaccinated with a pcr test 72h in advance. Under 18’s seem to be exempt! please do double check the info on the gov.co.uk site.

Tests here are free - there are drives everywhere. You just turn up generally. Results generally sent by email within 24h.

Edited at 09:10 PM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I live in France. My understanding is that travellers from the UK have to quarantine for 7 days upon arrival in France (even if vaccinated) . If not vaccinated then no entry.

Will double check again for you but when I read the rules last week that was my understanding.
The UK government website says that fully vaccinated visitors no longer need an essential reason to travel to France and don't have to self-isolate. The same applies to under 18s travelling with a fully vaccinated adult. We'll both have to take tests before we travel though.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
The UK government website says that fully vaccinated visitors no longer need an essential reason to travel to France and don't have to self-isolate. The same applies to under 18s travelling with a fully vaccinated adult. We'll both have to take tests before we travel though.
They changed the rules again last week. I can’t keep up with it 🤣 Have updated my reply above 👍🏻

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

They changed the rules again last week. I can’t keep up with it 🤣 Have updated my reply above 👍🏻
Merci beaucoup
Old 15 Jun 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Friends of mine were supposed to be going in July and they had an email form their first hotel at the weekend saying they would need to isolate there for 7 days. So confusing they have cancelled and hope rules will be clearer (and less like to change again with no notice) in September
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
We have a trip to France (DLP specifically) booked for July and I've yet to decide whether or not we should go. It will be me travelling (I am fully vaccinated so can visit with just a test before we travel) and DS, who should therefore also be able to visit with me with just a test before travel.

We'll then have to get tested before we travel back (I understand that France are offering tests for free) and then isolate (I can work from home assuming work have no issues with this) with the tests on days 2 and 8.

I'm aware that I also need to check my travel insurance to see if we'll be covered and arrange extra cover if needed.

I have until a week before to cancel/amend the hotel and Eurostar but in the meantime if anyone has experienced visiting an amber country it would be great if you could share how you got on.
We’re in the same boat as you. Due to fly to DLP on 1 July. I’m swinging between going and cancelling on a minute to minute basis. It’s all too complicated😳 Its the travel insurance that worries me. There’s 5 of us going but 3 different travel insurances, not to mention the cost of tests for 5 people. And I expect to not get the flight costs back. I just wish France would go green before 23rd when I will have to make a definite decision!
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List