Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jun 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
When I saw this thread originally last night I was very surprised, so I do hope for everyone this is just a temporary suspension of sales while they rejig the timetable.

To cancel up to 6th August in mid June would be an absolutely crazy business decision IMO. I mean why do that…
I think because there won't be any travel announcements until after July 19th, the airlines won't have much time to prepare, and also travellers need more notice and would likely have rebooked or cancelled by then. That's my guess?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
shazza1961
Imagineer

Mobile

Skyscanner are still showing direct flights on 1st, 2nd and 5th August from Manchester to MCO (these are the only dates I've checked)... so dosnt look like Virgin are cancelling to 6th August? Looks like there is only 1 flight at 12.30...
shazza1961 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
Just spoken to Dialaflight and according to them our flight on the 31st July with KLM/Virgin codeshare VS from Manchester is still valid and going ahead.

Can anyone confirm where this information is coming from?

We really want it to cancel as we have moved everything to 2022...
The thread title says cancellations are only up until 25th July.
So we’ll both have to wait a bit longer.
I’m the 1st of August.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shazza1961 View Post
Skyscanner are still showing direct flights on 1st, 2nd and 5th August from Manchester to MCO (these are the only dates I've checked)... so dosnt look like Virgin are cancelling to 6th August? Looks like there is only 1 flight at 12.30...
But when you click through it says to check availability on Virgin Atlantic, click the link and it says no seats are available.
That was for my flight on 1st August.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
My flight still shows as confirmed in ‘my booking’ but there are no seats available on it. I think this is step one. They withdraw the seats from sale, and then step 2 they actually cancel it.

Until it’s cancelled DialAFlight are going to say it’s still going.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Virgin Atlantic appear to have cancelled their direct LHR and MAN-MCO services up to and including 24/25th July.

Revised timetable now appear scheduled as from 24/25th July.

This thread has been started to clarify the position for any Virgin Atlantic passengers as there didn't seem to be a dedicated thread. Please feel free to add your own post about any cancellations you may have received.

Edited to add - Virgin appear to have changed their revised timetable again overnight bringing the dates to 24/25th July. I really don't know what they are doing. I have changed the title of the thread to reflect this and will try to keep this post as accurate as I can under the circumstances.
I've spoken to Virgin customer services this morning and explained that my flights are still showing as active in manage my booking, but no direct flights LHR-MCO flight VS 135 are available to book on 28th July. However our return flight (19th August) is still active.
The CS agent said it doesn't necessarily mean Virgin have actually cancelled the flight, but that they are under review due to the fact that the USA borders are currently closed to UK.
Basically Virgin are not currently taking bookings which may then have to be cancelled.
This doesn't mean that cancellation won't happen, it's dependant on the travel corridor decision made by our PM and the POTUS.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

We're due to fly on 25th July, I've not had any cancellation as yet. Everything still showing as active? - Has anyone actually been cancelled for any flights after 19th July?
Old 20 Jun 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

My 15th July flights still haven't been cancelled yet, was expecting something to happen this weekend
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Am i being cynical in thinking airlines are cancelling summer holiday flights ahead of any announcement and then if anything positive is announced they will put them back on sale for a much higher price?

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Am i being cynical in thinking airlines are cancelling summer holiday flights ahead of any announcement and then if anything positive is announced they will put them back on sale for a much higher price?
I don't think so. I think they are canceling in spurts to leave themselves wiggle room but if they come out and announce that the route is canceled until date X I think they will stick to that. My SIL got a new job that takes her past Dublin airport every morning. She said one of their A330s that used to serve the US is parked up and the windows are all wrapped in black plastic. So if she sees that plane being moved and readied she'll know things are looking up! There are a lot of enthusiasts who follow the very move of the fleet and every move of the airlines on sites like Flyertalk, Airliner etc I do pop in there every so often so see if they are sharing any positive moves.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread