Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Positive signs round-up

Morning all. Just thought I'd summarise all the positive signs I've seen over the last couple of months that travel to the mouse will be resuming soon...
1. Disney got rid of hand-washing stations
2. Masks got scaled down - now they only have to be worn indoors in certain places (I think - this may have been updated further)
3. Masks mainly optional for fully vaccinated in FL
4. Florida have removed all mandated restrictions
5. Fireworks are coming back from July!
6. News this morning says that quarantine-free travel will soon start for fully-vaccinated
7. 19th July unlocking coincides with Europe unlocking, so maybe we can all start travelling at the same time?!

Anyone got anything else?

(Apologies if any of them need slightly correcting - this is written from memory of what I've read over quite a long time!)
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

1, Boo Bash , HHN and Howl-O-Scream all announced.
2, Permit for maintenance at Typhoon Lagoon filed - possible re-opening soon?
3 , Animal Disney Lodge Hotel re-opened (i can't remember what it's called)
4 , Rumours of a possible return of fast passes floating around...

MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BobFish123
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Not sure getting rid of hand washing stations is positive…. Surely you’d want to wash your hands as often as possible?!?
BobFish123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BobFish123 View Post
Not sure getting rid of hand washing stations is positive…. Surely you’d want to wash your hands as often as possible?!?

... there's still hand sanitiser and toilets to wash your hands in... also i'd take sani with me... they're not suggesting that you just dont wash your hands...
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BobFish123 View Post
wasn't saying its a positive as such - just that its a positive sign back to normality in that they didnt have them before covid.
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bwfc4ife View Post
Morning all. Just thought I'd summarise all the positive signs I've seen over the last couple of months that travel to the mouse will be resuming soon...
1. Disney got rid of hand-washing stations
2. Masks got scaled down - now they only have to be worn indoors in certain places (I think - this may have been updated further)
3. Masks mainly optional for fully vaccinated in FL
4. Florida have removed all mandated restrictions
5. Fireworks are coming back from July!
6. News this morning says that quarantine-free travel will soon start for fully-vaccinated
7. 19th July unlocking coincides with Europe unlocking, so maybe we can all start travelling at the same time?!

Anyone got anything else?

(Apologies if any of them need slightly correcting - this is written from memory of what I've read over quite a long time!)
Love this!
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Apparently the EU is meeting with US officials today regarding travel. Hopefully we'll be next 🤞🏼
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

I really needed to read this post today thank you. So many people around me saying there’s no way you are getting to florida in September…..
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ooberjay
Excited about Disney

I swear I noticed more direct flights from Manchester in August...
Ooberjay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bunts View Post
I really needed to read this post today thank you. So many people around me saying there’s no way you are getting to florida in September…..
I'm pretty sure that travel will be good by September (unless something else creeps out of the woodwork).

I'm not so sure about August though as that's the busiest period and kids (both here and the US) on break from school, so I can see them delaying until the schools go back to avoid unnecessary mixing of the guaranteed to be unvaccinated child populations
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List