Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Jun 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had a lovely holiday to playa Blanca in Lanzarote at Easter (4/5 years ago) was lovely & warm. Pool not heated was freezing. Definately recommend the canaries at Easter but get a hotel / villa that has pool heating.
Old 22 Jun 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

It will be warm enough for tshirts but I personally found not hot enough for sunbathing/pool for long.

Some islands can be quite windy but all have plenty to do.
Old 22 Jun 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went to Tenerife in April 2019 and it was a bit chilly. About 20c all week. Luckily we had a heated pool otherwise it would have been a poor holiday
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant thanks all. I think one of our criteria will be a heated pool! We like a swim but don’t typically spend all day by the pool - we like to wander and explore.
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

gran canaria is warmer, we find lanzarote windiest at easter.

we tend to go every other year at easter and love it. The sea is cold but not as cold as the pools, still we have always enjoyed the sun at Easter.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We’ve been to Lanzarote and Fuerteventura in February, March and April before. February was hit and miss - when it was sunny it was HOT but when it was cloudy we were quite cold. Our last trip to the Canaries was in 2018 to Fuerteventura in March. Weather was fantastic. We have been to Lanzarote in April (and October) and we found that it was varied depending on the resort. We were based in Costa Teguise but it was so windy there so we rented a car and drove to Puerto del Carmen every day just to warm up! Oh and the pools are all freezing unless you can find a heated one somewhere.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

April should be good. We’ve done a few Tenerife trips in February and it’s been fab
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
I think you would be safer with Gran Canaria or Tenerife.
As others have said Fuerteventura and Lanzarote can be very windy. I would only go to accommodation with a heated pool.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

I would avoid Lanzarote at Easter, we’ve done it before and needed a cardigan in the mornings as it was cloudy, windy and cool. Gran Canaria has the best sun record of all the islands so would be your best bet, we’ve done, feb, March and April and had lovely warm weather every time. We’ve been to Tenerife nearly every month and I would say not as sunny as Gran Canaria but not windy like Lanzarote so it’s still pleasant even with cloud. It’s certainly beach/pool weather in April in Gran Canaria and Tenerife but yes a heated pool would be in my list!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List