Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Once you've done a Disney/Universal trip on a "last minute" whim you will begin to wonder why you previously spent weeks agonising over ADR and fast pass bookings.

We never plan nowadays, just have a rough plan to be there every second Christmas (family in Florida) and some other trip in between. That's the limit of our planning nowadays for Florida
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Does your wife know about your need to consider work Rita before booking a holiday 😉 ?
Thanks.. ‘Rita’ suitably edited.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

I imagine the need to now pre book Disney park days will end last minute trips for UK visitors, in peak times anyway. The overwhelming reason most people go to Orlando is Disney.
It’s going to be yet another thing to stress about.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hvasey View Post
I imagine the need to now pre book Disney park days will end last minute trips for UK visitors, in peak times anyway. The overwhelming reason most people go to Orlando is Disney.
We love Florida and binned the idea of Disney months ago when loads of people on here predicted (wrongly) masks until next year and put me off.
However, I still want to go - I still want the full Disney experience with proper shows and dining, so I have not rebooked.
I'm happy with the sun, Universal, other parks, restaurants, the beach and so on. Disney aint everything!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

At the moment, the only fully booked day is tomorrow. You could get into Epcot on Thursday if you wanted to. MK has the longest length of unavailability, it's booked out until the 11th. Once you get to a month in advance, everything is available every day (except Oct 1st and Halloween in MK, which you would expect).

So booking about a month out is realistic to still get the parks you want and would still be considered last minute in Dibb terms. This might bump up slightly when FPs return but still, the majority of domestic guests aren't planning as far in advance as we do.

Edited at 09:07 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
We love Florida and binned the idea of Disney months ago when loads of people on here predicted (wrongly) masks until next year and put me off.
However, I still want to go - I still want the full Disney experience with proper shows and dining, so I have not rebooked.
I'm happy with the sun, Universal, other parks, restaurants, the beach and so on. Disney aint everything!
Same- we cancelled the Disney part of our holiday months ago and were just plumping for universal and villa. Holiday sadly cancelled now due to Aer Lingus cancellations- but still got our universal tickets booked so still going to hang on to them in case we get the opportunity to go at short notice.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

We would 100% book something at much shorter notice for October if that looked viable and September didn't.

We really don't want to miss HHN30! And Jack's back! 😁🤡
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Thanks.. ‘Rita’ suitably edited.
Poor Rita
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I must be underwhelmed
We have plans for September but won’t be setting foot in any Disney park *might* do an evening at DS , last trip was I Drive , no Disney, trip before was all Disney for Orlando staying at the BWI then a villa throwing in a Florida wedding and a cruise . Our days of Florida holidays automatically including Disney are gone. There’s other bits of Florida we enjoy just as much , if not more.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
But when the parks return to full capacity - whenever that is - I don't see that the park reservation system will make any difference should it remain (and I have my doubts).

Other than a very few peak days, WDW parks don't put up the "FULL" signs when operating at full capacity - and there's no reason why that should change if people have to reserve their park.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List