Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jun 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
We love CSR, more so than CBR to be honest but we don't rely on the buses so that may swing it for you. However I don't think the tower rooms were included in the dinning credit offer so if you go for this, make sure you are still getting them if you qualified before.
Tower rooms were included, I have one booked the club level tower rooms however were not included.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
I would cancel as I think staying in a room you didn’t want would really spoil your trip. i noticed you specifically requested a 5th sleeper room, and I’m not sure if these are offered at Coronado Springs or Pop. Had you thought of a suite at Art of Animation? I seem to remember you visited that resort on your last trip before lockdown - the pool refurbishment should be completed and the theming of the suites sound more appealing to your daughter than the pirate rooms - plus you’ve got the Skyliner connection.
The 5th sleeper was because it is the cheapest CBR room included in the deal. There's only 3 of them, so a standard room would otherwise work.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
They said they would give me 3 free amendments as a goodwill gesture, so I assume that means I could change my room 3 times for free! I think I'll do what you guys suggested - take the CSR room for now, and keep an eye out if anything else opens up. I do think we'll like CSR, the pool looks great and DD would love the playground - just a shame about no Skyliner as we love us some park hopping and always go back to the resort for a swim after lunch. Thanks for the great advice guys - still annoyed but feeling a bit better about it now!

@legallyblonde, that sounds exactly like what happened to my booking! I don't know why they didn't phone me, maybe it's because I'm not in the UK? The customer service phone numbers are different from the UK one too (I booked via the ATD IE option and my payment was made to ATD Germany), maybe it's a different team looking after EU bookings? Glad you got yours sorted anyway and didn't lose out on your room!
Oh maybe it is that. Strange how it seems to keep happening and clearly they still haven’t fixed it!?
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Just wanted to give a quick update - thanks to everyone who said to wait it out! CBR 5th sleeper rooms are now available again (I guess thanks to everyone who switched to Port Orleans)! and I was able to switch our CSR Tower Room back to the CBR room we had booked. I would have been happy at CSR too, it's a gorgeous resort, but CBR is what we'd wanted and we'll make heavy use of the Skyliner, so I'm very happy to have finally gotten that one in the end. All's well that ends well... now fingers crossed the trip will actually go ahead as planned!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'd snatch their hands off for CSR Tower, but that's me!

So sorry this has happened. I would cancel, rebook with Disney, but at POP (Skyliner) and keep checking all sites and outlets to see if more CBR rooms become available.
tracey1302 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
I'd snatch their hands off for CSR Tower, but that's me!

So sorry this has happened. I would cancel, rebook with Disney, but at POP (Skyliner) and keep checking all sites and outlets to see if more CBR rooms become available.
If it was just my husband and me, totally! But with our daughter and probably still using a stroller, the Skyliner wins out - we always do 1 park in the morning, back for swimming/break, and then Epcot for dinner at night. So CBR is better suited for us this trip!

That said, if you read my last update, I didn't cancel but waited to see if our room became available again, and it did! So we were able to switch back from a CSR Tower room to CBR. I'm sure we'll try CSR in the future when we're stroller-less!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List