Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Cutting it extremely fine for my flight but I've been expecting it to get cancelled for a while now. Hopefully I'll know one way or another in a couple more weeks.

Sorry to anyone who's already been affected 😔
I know I feel so sad for everyone especially as things were starting to look a bit more positive.

I think we're flying on similar dates? - I just want to know one way or the other now so I can stop obsessing. I've had enough of the rollercoaster! If we can't do Florida we will go somewhere else over the summer and keep Florida for next year {weeps}.
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ooberjay View Post
What is restart date ?
Re starting their direct flights from the UK to Orlando Airport
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jsayers1
Earning More Ears

Just been on the VA website and they are still showing flights departing on 24th July from LHR to MCO.
Jsayers1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lilpickle08 View Post
I know I feel so sad for everyone especially as things were starting to look a bit more positive.

I think we're flying on similar dates? - I just want to know one way or the other now so I can stop obsessing. I've had enough of the rollercoaster! If we can't do Florida we will go somewhere else over the summer and keep Florida for next year {weeps}.
Same as me, just want to know whats happening.

I can push our dates back by about 2 weeks max. Failing that we're gonna go in October 🤞🏼
Old 23 Jun 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jsayers1 View Post
Just been on the VA website and they are still showing flights departing on 24th July from LHR to MCO.
I can't see any direct flights LHR-MCO on the VS website for 24th July only indirect.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jsayers1 View Post
I think you'll find those are indirect flights.
Old 23 Jun 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

Where is this news coming from? Spoke to Virgin and on their system my flight for July 29th is live (albeit not for sale). They had no info to confirm whether it was or wasn’t going ahead.
KemlynUltra is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KemlynUltra View Post
Where is this news coming from? Spoke to Virgin and on their system my flight for July 29th is live (albeit not for sale). They had no info to confirm whether it was or wasn’t going ahead.
MCO's website

orlandoairports/flights/new-service/

click to expand the August section at the bottom of the page.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

Thanks that’s clear. Albeit really strange that the MCO web site would have that updated info before the Virgin web site and handling agents!
KemlynUltra is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Redtraveller
Proud to wear my Ears

I was told by my travel agent last week that there were rumours about no flights from Manchester to MCO until 6/7th August. Looks like it may have materialised
Redtraveller is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List