Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Dec 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
wait ... you're lecturing us about "some people think only the wealthy " and all . .. but at the same time, you never took into account that some people ... do not even qualify for a credit card ...

now that is rubbish.
Oh yeah because I am the bad guy in this debate

Most people do qualify for a credit card. Even if you have had a CCJ there is usually a lender who will give you a credit card. Granted it will have a crazy high APR but its still usually an option and it is wise to get one to cover things off until insurance will pay out.

If you cant qualify at all for a credit card then you are going to require some level of cash buffer or get an insurance product that will cover costs upfront (they do exist). But again only for genuine emergencies and not covering off the fact Disney have let you down with a 60 mins delays and optionally getting a Uber - taking it back to what we was originally talking about.

None of this stops anyone going

Edited at 10:47 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
some level of cash buffer
thank you, that was the point all along.

Disney have let you down with a 60 mins delays and optionally getting a Uber - taking it back to what we was originally talking about.
if you feel disney has let you down, compain to guest relations an seek compensation ... you're avoiding that fact.

and if you don't want to, or can't afford your own transportation, then stand in line like everyone else. You'll eventually get to your hotel and, maybe in under the time posted on that sign. And if you feel you've been let down, let the Cast Member know and seek resolution. How difficult is that ?

fist world problems ...
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

thank you, that was the point all along.
But you are very much confusing two very separate things...

I can optionally pay for an expensive meal, buy an expensive gift or pay for an expensive uber.

I don't have much choice but to pay for emergency medical care which came out of nowhere or to carry medical insurance to protect me.

Amazing you are muddying the waters lol.

if you feel disney has let you down, compain to guest relations an seek compensation ... you're avoiding that fact.

and if you don't want to, or can't afford your own transportation, then stand in line like everyone else. You'll eventually get to your hotel and, maybe in under the time posted on that sign. And if you feel you've been let down, let the Cast Member know and seek resolution. How difficult is that ?

fist world problems ...
Well yes, you do stand inline with everyone else, that is the whole point you have missed, lol.

The original point is Disney allowing it to get to a 60 min wait is unacceptably long. This conversation developed when it was suggested someone shouldn't feel aggrieved and should just fork out for a taxi instead.

You have missed all the points through out this I feel

Edited at 11:06 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

The original point is Disney allowing it to get to a 60 min wait is unacceptably long.
and the point you still refuse to see is that you have no knowledge or indication, about how long guests (take that guy with the colored mickey disneyworld backpack in the picture for example) have actually waited before they boarded their bus. They may have actually made it in 30 ... you don't know that, and I don't either. I'm just being "careful".

And you don't have any knowledge of the reasons and circumstances that led to that situation, AND if that situation is a one off, or a regular one

at least, admit you're commenting on nan event you know nothing about, except an undated, unidentified, facebook picture...

Edited at 11:13 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

and the point you still refuse to see is that you have no knowledge or indication, about how long guests (take that guy with the colored mickey disneyworld backpack in the picture for example) have actually waited before they boarded their bus. They may have actually made it in 30 ... you don't know that, and I don't either. I'm just being "careful".

And you don't have any knowledge of the reasons and circumstances that led to that situation, AND if that situation is a one off, or a regular one

at least, admit you're commenting on nan event you know nothing about, except an undated, unidentified, facebook picture...
No I don't refuse to see it... You have no idea either so are certainly not in a position to call it a none event.

I once got called insulting on here because I pointed out that not everyone tells the truth (someone was making wild claims) .

I think its a reasonable presumption the photo was taken and shared for a reason and Disney don't just put up 60 min wait times for the fun of it. Your "nothing to see here" view point is on less firm ground
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Wow

How does a Disney forum like this turn into a slanging match so often.

This would never be me as I won’t stay onsite.

But... if I had I would be very annoyed at the wait. I would have timed the wait and had it actually been 60mins I would have told a cast member that this is not acceptable.

It is a “free” service but it’s only free because you have paid for it within your hotel prices. Same as fastpasses are included in tickets for “free” I would be very cross if I couldn’t book any etc.

The getting a taxi thing would be a personal choice. Some would look at the sign and think I have that “$50” fare for a taxi and it is worth it to ME to pay that. That is their choice as they would rather pay the extra to get there faster.
Others will be cross at the time but rather wait than pay. Again personal choice.
Even if they only had a small buffer as others are talking about then it is still a personal choice for them to decide if it’s worth spending some of the buffer they have.

The post was is 60 mins acceptable.

Answer is no it’s not BUT the question is was is unavoidable for that time wait for Disney. (Ie driver sickness, crash on i4, traffic, bus breakdown etc could have been loads of reasons)
If it’s a one off then it’s Sod’s law one of those things etc. If it’s all the times then Disney should be addressing it. The average wait time says 5-25min according to google.

I very much doubt Disney want you sat in the airport when they could get you into their hotels and parks spending your money.

Edited at 11:44 AM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I think its a reasonable presumption the photo was taken and shared for a reason and Disney don't just put up 60 min wait times for the fun of it.
well, you perfectly know that some firms, or persons are regularly targetted by "off context" pictures being posted on social media in order to trigger viewers/followers. Being days away from general election, I don't really need to tell you how social media can be used to do, or undo, things, rumors, opinions, whatever;

what do we know of the date the picture was shot ? nothing. Maybe thanksgivig, maybe chrismas years ago ... at times when it's that way all across the US. Yeah right, disney could anticipate

what do you know of the circumstances ?
do you know what happens when there is a storm over MCO ? Luggage handlers will not unload planes, meaning, like you may have read on this forum, wait times in excess of one hour to get your checked bags delivered onto the belt
no, what happens when suddendly, the whole load of 2 hours wotth of incoming planes finally get their luggage delivered and all flock to the DME desk at the same time ?
How do you know that this picture was not shot at a time when 2 or 3 times the amount of passengers finally were "released" from the luggage claim/customs area because of weather related luggage delay issues

I do not doubt you could single handedly, and without breaking a sweat at that, process 2 or 3 times as many passengers in the time it takes a regular cast member to process one.

but you can't blame a company for not anticipating such delays, just because if they did overstaff to deal with the possibility of such event, you'd pay much more for the "DME fee" in your hotel package.

a gain, that's just common sense.

and again, I don't know how it came to that wait time display, the only thing I know, is that I don't know. But what I'm fully aware of, is that there are so many possibilities that this happened beyond anyone's control, or even ability to avoid, that I'm being "careful" not to use strong words.
Old 9 Dec 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Back to the original point, nope I don’t think it’s acceptable. As for saying it could have been road conditions or driver sickness, I doubt it or the sign would have been hand written, not printed and pre-prepared. This incident obviously isn’t a one off and something Disney and their billions should address.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Of course we must bear in mind Disney is the first film studio in history to gross $10 billion dollars in a year.

Certainly not enough to lease another Mears bus for the DME.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Of course we must bear in mind Disney is the first film studio in history to gross $10 billion dollars in a year.

Certainly not enough to lease another Mears bus for the DME.
Careful with such facts or you will get a reply the size of an eassy from a Disney fan boy asking you to think or the poor corporations feelings lol 😂