Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Nov 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post

BA cancelled our flight for next summer

We booked BA flydrive in Oct for next summer - LHR to Miami direct.

Just had a text from BA to say they have cancelled our original flight (@16.40) and put us on an earlier (13.55) one on the same day. Still 3 flights from LHR to Miami that day. Panicked as thought we had lost our seats - we are a group of 8 and BA booked them for free for us. Logged on and we are now the only ones booked on the flight so far. Not sure why they cancelled the later flight. On the plus side we arrive in Miami 3 hrs earlier but staying o/night there.

Waiting for them to cancel our return flight now and move us to earlier...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
doodles
Getting Excited

The same thing has happened to us today. Received a text from BA saying our flight next April has been cancelled and we should call them. No alternative was offered in the text.

Cue panic!

Called them immediately and got through fairly quickly. We were MAN - LHR - MIA. Midday flight from MAN and last flight out of LHR. It was the LHR flight they had cancelled. We were offered seats on either of the other flights out of LHR and we are now booked on a 7am flight out of MAN and 10.40 LHR arriving in MIA at 3pm. This is 6 hours earlier than planned but with less sleep and no Premier Inn breakfast.

They claim there is no change to our inbound flights.
doodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes no change for us on return flight. When we booked the last flight of the day (16.40) it was a lot cheaper so suppose we have made a saving as arriving early on the more expensive flight.
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I had booked with Virgin at Xmas. They cancelled my flight (I was on the later one) and put me on the earlier one, which had originally been more expensive. I was absolutely delighted.
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by doodles View Post
The same thing has happened to us today. Received a text from BA saying our flight next April has been cancelled and we should call them. No alternative was offered in the text.

Cue panic!

Called them immediately and got through fairly quickly. We were MAN - LHR - MIA. Midday flight from MAN and last flight out of LHR. It was the LHR flight they had cancelled. We were offered seats on either of the other flights out of LHR and we are now booked on a 7am flight out of MAN and 10.40 LHR arriving in MIA at 3pm. This is 6 hours earlier than planned but with less sleep and no Premier Inn breakfast.

They claim there is no change to our inbound flights.
Same here! We were due to go Sat 4 April NCL LHR MIA on the late flight. No alternative offered in text. Phoned them and got moved onto earlier flight, 6am from NCL and 10.40 from LHR. Quite pleased as when I booked it, the earlier flight was a lot more expensive than the one I booked.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve not received a text, but just looked after reading this and they changed ours to the 13.55 one as well. Our flight from Edinburgh doesn’t get in until 13.25 😱 going to phone BA tomorrow and get moved to earlier flight from Edinburgh. We’d choose those flights as did the same times this year and was perfect. No getting up super early and immigration was a breeze at that time of night.
Icey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
doodles
Getting Excited

I should also add that we didn't complain too much about our switch either. Because when we booked in May the earlier flights were several hundred pounds dearer in total for the 4 of us.
doodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. We were flying indirect via Philadelphia and our connecting flight from Philadelphia to Miami was cancelled. I rang them up and they switched us to a direct flight instead. Result!
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Guess what? Had a text this morning and return flight (@23.15) now cancelled and we are on the earlier flight (@20.40) ...
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

We just had the same email for 03/09 next year. MIA return now 20:40 as the 23:15 has being cancelled. Annoying as now we have 6.5hrs at LHR rather than 4hrs as we have a connection to our local airport on 04/09

We amended the MIA 20:40 to TPA 18:20 for no cost (that had been £400 more than MIA when we booked) and they took £78 off car hire as we’re returning it to the same place (we were flying into TPA already)

Edited at 01:55 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List