Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 May 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We were on the safari at the AK and the lightning took a tree out in front of us. Just got the lorry under the branches with them scraping the canvas roof.
Glad no-one got hurt. Looks like they stopped everything for a while, lot of buses just came back to the resort. Thinking whether to stay at DS for tonight as the forecast still seems rainy.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I hear the lightening was ferocious.
Old 5 May 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I spoke to some people in the laundry (seeing as it was wet and miserable outside) and they were saying planes were grounded, the wind/rain was fairly ferocious but I didn't see lightning close to me.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Ive been going to wdw since 1996, more than once some years, about 25 times in total. Ive always stayed on site but decided not to invest in dvc as the flights and tickets still have to be paid for and who knew if my circumstances would change - I didnt want to be paying the annual dues if I wasnt even going that year. Ive never regretted that decision as years ago they introduced the free ddp which i think balances the cost of the holiday out, along with the $200 gift card, $300 next year. Im happy to see that this year I can have a bottle of beer with my meal too lol.

Over the years there has been massive changes, and I will admit that I feel that the golden years have gone, wdw was a very different place in the 90's. I do still however love my holidays there and just take the bad with the good, and will continue to go there fir the foreseeable future and still feel sad everytime I have to leave tgere to come home.
Old 6 May 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Yes, that’s the bit I don’t get either, I think if felt that negative about somewhere I wouldn’t keep going back.
I think that there is a difference in being negative about something and disliking something. If you disliked somewhere you would be unlikely to go back, but the comments being described as negative are usually about specific things for example the reallocation of points or the removal of a service or perk.

If it is the latter I think people should have the ability to air that displeasure, if we don't Disney will think that we are happy with it and are likely to continue with that trend. This doesn't mean that someone is unhappy with going to Disney overall or doesn't want to be there anymore or isn't going to go.

I am fairly new to DVC and I'm really happy with my purchase and can't wait to get back. If they take away any of the perks I have now or the service declined would I have a negative comment - yes probably as I would be getting less than I had previously for example Extra evening hours, We are not great in the morning and I like these better than morning ones would I be disappointed if they removed them yes definitely, does that mean I no longer like Disney.. no not at all I will still love Disney. Should I be able to express my disappointment at their removal... yes of course I should otherwise how would Disney know I was disappointed? Would I pay for EEH - no (I don't mind specific events e.g. MNSSHP or MVMCP but not just for general admission). From a Business side if you carry on making changes thinking everything is fine when it isn't then sooner or later your profits will be affected so its important as a business to know when people are unhappy.

I completely get some of the negative comments and I believe they are correct to do so (2 sides to every story need to see both sides to make informed decisions). However I don't think that the negative comments mean that those posting them have fallen out of love with Disney they are just unhappy at some of the recent decisions and don't feel its as good value as it used to be.
Old 6 May 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

On the other note I really fancy the sound of that Mahi Mahi Mr T and staying at Beach club later might just try that.

The storm sounds wicked - glad your all ok and that it blows over soon. I think if I'd been on that safari and lightning had hit the tree in front I would have had a coronary between that and the 2 kids jumping on me for protection - which would be a bit like hiding under the duvet to protect you from the monsters !
Old 6 May 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It was funny watching the animals. All the giraffes had crammed themselves against a 'wall' and were trying to hide from the rain!
Even the dogs were under a rock overhang in one big lump. Legs everywhere

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Bianca. We are so impressed with CSR. We paid for a King bed room but it’s huge as it’s accessible as well for disabilities. 15ft long granite top over the units. Mood lighting. The grounds are so well kept as well
I will say more in my report but we give it 10 out of 10
So pleased to hear this, I've booked a King room at CSR for next year, new one for us, usually a Villa.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
So pleased to hear this, I've booked a King room at CSR for next year, new one for us, usually a Villa.
I don't think you will be disappointed. We even found the construction work on the new tower albeit nearly done was no bother at all.

What really blew me away was the standard of the grounds. Just perfect.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

We are not morning people so have never made Morning EMH, but we love the night time ones, we were there just a week ago and stayed till the end of EMH at Magic Kingdom, it’s my favourite time at the parks.
I think that by cutting the evening EMH they are driving people back to the resorts or the Springs to spend money. If they are not on rides they will be spending money in bars, restaurants etc. So yes I think this is very much about money. I would not pay to go into the park when I have already paid for a 14 day ticket.
One year I made the mistake of paying for the Christmas party, I was so disappointed, I enjoyed EMH more. As for the snacks they offer to help justify the cost of the event, it’s just sugary cheap rubbish which I don’t eat, my health and staying a live is more important.

The biggest worry I have is that the more of these paid events that they offer, then the shorter the park days get for everyone else even though the ticket prices keep going up. Yes I would still like a perk for staying on site, I want to feel valued by Disney, I would like benefits that those off site don’t get. They have even increased booking times for FP at some non Disney hotels, why?

We must also remember they are building more and more hotels, which is going to make the parks even busier so if we end up with shorter park hours, what are the wait times going to be like.

Yes I understand it’s a business, and also highly successful, but I don’t want to feel like a cash cow, that was not Walt’s dream.
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List