Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 May 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Booked here for next year, so excited to read all this.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went in 2017 for a week and it was great , nice resort and all the rooms upgrades are now finished i believe they are just finishing the tower . It is a conference resort but we didnt have any issues when we were there . The staff were nice and some nice choices for food . It is a large resort but we had a car so wasnt an issue for us . The pool was lovely as others have said the dig site is the biggest and it has a temple theme with water slide . There is staff organizing games etc but the pool to be honest we didnt get involved as our daughter was a bit younger so happy to splash around but they were not too noisy and there were lots of sunbeds . We found it all very clean and have booked again for this year .

2023: Cabana Bay & Portofino Bay 2022: Caribbean Beach Resort / Portofino Bay / Cabana Bay 2020: Coronado Springs/Portofino 2019: Cabana Bay2017: Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay
2016: New York 2015: LBV Resort and Spa & Portofino Bay 2012: LBV Resort and Spa 2010: San Francisco, Las Vegas and St Lucia, Honeymoon

Edited at 06:19 PM.
alp1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We are going in July for the first time. The Tower opens 3 days after we check in. A bit concerned about the extra rooms without an expansion of the resort facilities but we'll see what happens
Old 13 May 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We booked last night after seeing it come available for July/Aug 2020 usually choose POFQ but fancy a change- then saw this post and held my breath that nothing negative would be on it! But thankfully it seems not I think our main concern though is the distance to walk for a coffee in the morning as we are in a standard room
Old 13 May 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gally1968 View Post
Just finishing two great weeks on our 2nd visit to CSR.

Absolutely no complaints, great pool, good gym, food court has loads of choice although we don’t eat in the hotels very often (believe it if not the chicken cob salad in take away cartons was fantastic).

No issues with buses and we had a couple of weekends with the dance comp’ teams here.

Very handy for Blizzard Beach, HS, EPCOT & AK. Never checked on a map but feels fairly central with regards to distance from all parks etc.

New restaurant/bar in the middle of the lake looks good & rooms are excellent.
We are also considering this resort but I have a few questions .

In the new food court area, is their seating outside beside the lake?
We visited this resort some years back and i remember sitting outside with coffee and snack looking over the lake and just chilling out.

Has this been changed? I'd love to have a few glasses of wine in the evening outside!

Thanks so much

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lam View Post
We are also considering this resort but I have a few questions .

In the new food court area, is their seating outside beside the lake?
We visited this resort some years back and i remember sitting outside with coffee and snack looking over the lake and just chilling out.

Has this been changed? I'd love to have a few glasses of wine in the evening outside!

Thanks so much
Yes plenty of seating outside the dining area overlooking the lake.

The new restaurant in the middle looks fantastic if the pictures and current build are anything to go by with plenty of outside seating also.
Old 13 May 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emilou View Post
We booked last night after seeing it come available for July/Aug 2020 usually choose POFQ but fancy a change- then saw this post and held my breath that nothing negative would be on it! But thankfully it seems not I think our main concern though is the distance to walk for a coffee in the morning as we are in a standard room
I’m pretty sure all the rooms have coffee machines in them, ours did and we were in a standard room. The housekeeping replenish each day & happily left a few extra.
Old 13 May 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The rooms have Keurig coffee machines and there seems to be no problem in getting extra supplies of pods for it from Mousekeeping.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Yep, coffee machines are available in standard rooms, and they happily supplied us with extra coffee and tea pods. We actually preferred the tea from these pods to the tea bags in the quick service food court, and rather drink tea in proper mugs (rather than the plastic refillable mugs)
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List