Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Jul 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Booking SSR for next year?

SSR is our home resort so we can book for next April/May but due to the remodelling I am not sure if we should pick preferred or standard any ideas what areas will be finished (if any) by then?

Hopefully at seven months we will be able to change but just in case we cant we don't want to be near a building site (been there before at CBR)

Thanks
Old 3 Jul 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hard to say because they haven't started yet, I'm sure someone posted that CP was going to be first so that only leaves the Springs in preferred.
We're going to see how we get on at The Grandstand this year before making a decision on next
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

They started 2 weeks ago Shooby, see the thread on here with photos. They’ve started in Congress so I suspect picking preferred and asking for that will be the best bet for a refurbed room if that’s what you are after and maybe they will have finished Congress in a year (should have!) If you look at the photos I posted up on the other thread, you can see the building they’ve started on first. Cheers.

Edited at 10:17 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
They started 2 weeks ago Shooby, see the thread on here with photos. They’ve started in Congress so I suspect picking preferred and asking for that will be the best bet for a refurbed room if that’s what you are after and maybe they will have finished Congress in a year (should have!) If you look at the photos I posted up on the other thread, you can see the building they’ve started on first. Cheers.
I went into chat yesterday to ask some questions before booking.

They were not aware of any work due to be done at SSR!

Seemingly went to ask a supervisor and came back and said it was planned for the future!

I said that surprised me as a friend had just come back (&#128522 so he went to ask a supervisor again. “We don’t get told everything” and the I got cut off after being on for 30 minutes.

Can’t believe they don’t know🤷

Edited at 12:02 PM.
Sara_toga is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
What I am finding strange with this refurbishment is no announcement.

The photos from YT are very clear - something is going on no doubt about it.

But nothing on the multifarious websites that show refurbishments of rides and resorts.

Undercover Tourist is saying the rooms are still in the 'test phase' not the refurbishment phase.

All most peculiar. I will find out more in circa 6 weeks when we are there. Fencing or not I will be having a mooch around and befriending the workies.
They may even give me a start.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Someone there is meant to be checking it out for me, but don't think he's got around to it yet. If I hear anything I'll post it up. But those photos I put up of that block closed off (and originator said building was empty) and the stuff in the car park indicates its started. Someone else there also reported it's started. But I would like to see better evidence.