Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 13, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by top4 View Post
Thats brilliant , thankyou so much for taking the time to rely , yes the letter ee got in July this year and it explains that he struggles with crowds and has emotional social and behavoural problems as well ws Autistic traits , so hopefully and keeping everything crossed it all goes to plan tomorow ... many thamks xx
Hope you get to read this in time, we had our Blue Parking badge with us, which was accepted as evidence. Our son is Autistic, so your DPR should work similar to ours. As I understood it there is just the on card, but you need to specify your requirements & boxes are ticked accordingly, different needs allow different forms of access. We used the ride exits & waited for a CM most rides we were allowed onto the next available ride, but some (POTC,Buzz, Small World), gave us return times a bit like an FP. We also had access to the Parade/Dreams viewing areas, I'm sure the same would apply to shows such as Animagique etc. one final note the Parachute Drop ride was exempted on our card so we had to use the regular line.
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 13, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Yes, usually we are done with EMH by 9.45 and we go to be near the front of the queue for a ride that's about to open.

For us that is usually IASW (my fave!) and we usually ride it twice with no queue at that time.

We used this strategy with our friends who have a son with a similar condition, and it worked well.

Our biggest mistake with him was doing Peter Pan first. We worked out later that he likes rides to be 'in the open' so he can see what happens.

He did grow to love POTC though!
Fear of the unknown I guess. My eldest (ASD) loves all the big thrill rides, favourites are ToT, RnR etc. But, he will not go on a ride at Alton Towers called Oblivion, as it drops into a hole, and he doesn't know/can't see for himself what happens after. He also doesn't like Nemesis there, as the feet are dangling loose, and he thinks they're going to get caught on something.

My youngest son (awaiting possible ASD dx) went through a phase of not liking 'dark rides'. He has ridden POTC since he was 9 months old, but then one visit to DLP when he was almost 5 put him off! Next visit he refused to ride it, and when we got to DLP earlier this month at first he was saying he wasn't riding anything! This soon changed and he ended up loving POTC again, as well as BTM and lots of others that have 'dark' parts.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 13, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread