Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 28 May 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

People staying off site meeting the characters at the hotels

I've just read on a Facebook group a post by a girl who's just come back from DLP. She stayed off site but met characters at the on site hotels. Is that allowed? I thought it was one of the perks of staying on site.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
That is the reason they took them out of the hotels - because too many locals were just popping in and meeting them for free. But there was so much outcry from guests that they have now put characters back.

Unfortunately unless they start making you show proof you are staying onsite, it's going to happen.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

They didn't ask for proof a couple of weeks ago, but everyone in the queue was clearly staying at the hotel, so I don't think it's massive issue
Old 29 May 17, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

the characters inside the hotels are in the public areas and therefore you can't stop non-hotel guests from coming in to see them if they want to. I'm sure it was an issue and source of irritation for those at the DLH as that hotel is on your way into the parks, but for the other onsite hotels non-guests would be going out of their way to visit those hotels to see the characters there, so its not so much of an issue at those.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

we met characters at a meal in the disney hotel ...so maybe they met them that way ?
Old 29 May 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by peagusus66 View Post
we met characters at a meal in the disney hotel ...so maybe they met them that way ?
Unlikely - at DLP the characters are in the lobby where anyone can meet them.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
the characters inside the hotels are in the public areas and therefore you can't stop non-hotel guests from coming in to see them if they want to. I'm sure it was an issue and source of irritation for those at the DLH as that hotel is on your way into the parks, but for the other onsite hotels non-guests would be going out of their way to visit those hotels to see the characters there, so its not so much of an issue at those.
The person I mentioned went to 5 hotels. They didn't want to pay for character meals so went to the hotels and met the characters for free.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
The person I mentioned went to 5 hotels. They didn't want to pay for character meals so went to the hotels and met the characters for free.
a few people did that the last time there were characters in the hotels, personally I don't see that its an issue (except for the DLH as due to its location their character meet can get non-guest heavy). If someone wants to spend hours at the hotels instead of at the parks meeting characters, its their time after all.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bobothebear
Being a bit Goofy

At Santa Fe this week we had Goofy,Pluto, Mickey and then Goofy again.
I assume the variety at other hotels i much the same each time. For the few people who do it, it's not the end of the world.
bobothebear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

The characters at the hotels are one of my favourite things. I love the interaction there rather than in parks. It's much more casual. If someone wasn't staying in the hotel I wouldn't know or care. I can remember years ago popping to the lobby quite late inthe evening and Goofy was there all alone. No kids around he was just having out with the concierge staff. Quite funny to see him like that.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List