Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Try the Dibb Guidebook on here and DLP Guide website also.

Also lots of videos on YouTube - Krispysmore have done several now as have we!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Indiana Jones is a coaster with one loop. If you don't brace yourself it will give you whiplash!

Big Thunder Mountain-longer, more intense than WDW. Still fab! There's some great YouTube footage of the updated ride.

Space Mountain. I have to bow to Dibbers who have ridden it but I believe it's different to WDW.

Crushes Coaster is a spinning mouse coaster. A lot of it is in the dark (ish). I believe its a similar lay out to Chessingtons Dragons Fury.

Rock n Roller coaster -I believe it's the same...
3! 2! 1! ... "Oh Shhh... " is my usual reaction! 😲😲😂😂

YouTube has helped me and I am another fan of the DLPGuide
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortie
Getting Excited

Indiana Jones is rough but fun. I went round going ouch ouch ouch and DH came off saying he felt like he'd had his ears boxed! We love these types of rides but just couldn't face it again.
BTM fantastic much much better than WDW one and it does seem faster in the dark. We used our hotel fast pass for this every day!
Space Mountain, amazing slightly easier to get in and out of then the WDW one has a loop and I think a cobra roll. Only thing I found was that I got my hair caught in the restraints at the end when trying to get out big ouch!
Crush yes agree like Dragons Fury but inside mainly.
Mortie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Only a couple of the rides that are in other parks are carbon copies. Space Mountain isn't. Rock and Roller is similar but has some differences. Crush is as mentioned like the dragon ride, but there is a dark ride style section, which is gentler but still reasonably fast, than the second section which is in the EAC.
I agree Brit Guide is great for Florida but not as good for DLP. If you want descriptions of the attractions then fine but more up to date info is around.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

For my trip in 2014 the 2014 Brit Guide was originally said to be out some time in May that year so I pre-ordered it. Then about 2 weeks before I was due to receive it I got an email saying it would now not be out until October. I was going in September and cancelled the order.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

What is the Brit Guide for Florida please?
Could someone share a link/info?

Thanks

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Amazon's the place to find it

amazon/gp/aw/s/ref=...rit+guide+to+f
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I found the Brit Guide really helpful last summer. I know nothing about DLP and hadn't found this site, so it was my oracle.

I had intended to buy the new one before our next trip, to get more up to date information, but like others have said, there have been too many recent changes that are still being tweaked. I don't see how the guide can possibly be up to date for things like the dining plan, etc. It's a shame, because I did like having a little book to leaf through back in the hotel each evening, but hopefully we'll be able to get wifi in the DLH next holiday, and just come on here if there are things I want to know.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
hawdanoost
Proud to wear my Ears

Just had an email from Amazon to say that the book will be delayed. They can't give a new date. Think I will just cancel it as I wanted it for my daughter who is going with her friends in two weeks.
hawdanoost is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
Amazon's the place to find it

amazon/gp/aw/s/ref=...rit+guide+to+f
Thanks Tubbsy, much appreciated!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List