Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jun 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
Great news. Old and unpopular attractions should be replaced. It's a theme park, not a museum.
Most of the rides have been there for at least 25 years, many for longer (eg, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan's Flight have been there since the 1970s), so does that mean you think they should all be replaced?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Most of the rides have been there for at least 25 years, many for longer (eg, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan's Flight have been there since the 1970s), so does that mean you think they should all be replaced?
Did you miss the part where I said old and unpopular rides, or are you just trying to pick arguments?
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

According to Disney insider Martin, it’s a very popular attraction with over 30% attendees of the park going and a very high excellent rating (I’m not sure why personally ). He has heard it is going to be refreshed for the 50th but hasn’t personally yet heard this rumour of Toy Story.
Old 28 Jun 19, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Mobile

31 years ago our then 3 year old son was wide eyed in amazement and asked me if the mounted animal heads were real after they started talking
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Didnt go to see this last time as thought the bears looked kind of creepy but if its going i think we might have to try it out on our next trip. My now 9 year old adored cop and reported it as his favourite aftraction when we went in 2017 so this maybe another surprising hit with him. He love the animatronic shows and hates the 3d stuff- he has suspected asd so think he finds 3d overwhelming (hence why we have never been to universal!).
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Dated and weird, hopefully get replaced with something better 👍🏻
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
According to Disney insider Martin, it’s a very popular attraction with over 30% attendees of the park going and a very high excellent rating (I’m not sure why personally ). He has heard it is going to be refreshed for the 50th but hasn’t personally yet heard this rumour of Toy Story.
Well the people that broke the rumour recently did another one with Tiki Room which then got absolutely trashed by Disney Park Blogs stating "unscrupulous sources" so wouldn't read too much into the original rumour. Disney will update things but these rumours are very much that rumours only.

Check hear for the response to the Tiki rumour it is very funny!

disneyparks.disney.go/bl...irdie-told-us/
Old 28 Jun 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic_Goof
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post

How interesting that they are able to see what percentage of guests visit each attraction I'd be fascinated to see those figures.
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Junogirl1
VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I’ve heard this rumour. I don’t want CBJ to go. All the attractions that have been replaced recently have been the ones without Disney theming, iykwim. Like how Maelstrom became Frozen and Ellen’s Energy Adventure is becoming Guardians of the Galaxy. If CBJ goes, what’s next? The Tiki Room? BTM? The Peoplemover? Carousel of Progress? At this point, the Country Bear Jamboree is an institution. It opened with the park. It’s part of Walt Disney’s legacy, being the last attraction he signed off on. It just wouldn’t be right by Walt Disney to lose it.
Also, we really love the Country Bears in my house! We have all the collectibles-the plushies, the TsumTsums, the clothes, the music-we just love it, so it’d also be devastating on a personal level to lose it.

Edited at 11:15 AM.
Junogirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firstxmastrip View Post
you better duck if they touch carousel i will lose it lol
Yeah and leave the tiki birds alone too
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List