Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Jul 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Now that sounds like a plan to me. Villa and then 3 nights OKW, no doubt about it.

Then you can have a wander over to SSR and see what the parts of Congress Park that will have been renovated looks like. Plus you could ask DVC to show you a renovated room. They can do anything they want!
Thanks Mr TM, you think 3 nights will be long enough in that area then?
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks Mr TM, you think 3 nights will be long enough in that area then?
It's a difficult one and we all differ. Due to cancelling our cruise we did 5 nights at CSR then moved to SSR. We both hated that move. Messes up a day in our book but that's just us I know.

If it was us we would do the Villa the entire holiday or Disney in 1 location the entire holiday.
Saying that next May we are doing 3 weeks in SSR then a week in a Villa so that's shot my argument down hasn't it!

As you want to come into the Disney fold for the end of the trip I would be doing the maths repeatedly to see what Points you currently have but more importantly what you will need in the year ahead. That would be the deciding factor for me as I will not borrow.

3 days in OKW will allow you to explore that resort and have great access to Disney Springs etc. I assume your child still needs a nap? If so the boat from Disney Springs is handy to head back etc or if you are in Epcot or DHS you can be back in the room in 10 mins.

We have never stayed at OKW but the pictures of the renovated rooms look awesome.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 04:31 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

It's a difficult one and we all differ. Due to cancelling our cruise we did 5 nights at CSR then moved to SSR. We both hated that move. Messes up a day in our book but that's just us I know.

If it was us we would do the Villa the entire holiday or Disney in 1 location the entire holiday.
Saying that next May we are doing 3 weeks in SSR then a week in a Villa so that's shot my argument down hasn't it!

As you want to come into the Disney fold for the end of the trip I would be doing the maths repeatedly to see what Points you currently have but more importantly what you will need in the year ahead. That would be the deciding factor for me as I will not borrow.

3 days in OKW will allow you to explore that resort and have great access to Disney Springs etc. I assume your child still needs a nap? If so the boat from Disney Springs is handy to head back etc or if you are in Epcot or DHS you can be back in the room in 10 mins.

We have never stayed at OKW but the pictures of the renovated rooms look awesome.
Thanks for you input

So, 2 studios for my dates are not available at OKW and if they were it would only cost 72 points. SSR is available at 78 points for 2 studios. Alternatively, OKW 2 bed is available for 101 points but SSR 2 bed is less at 98. What to do! We will still have just over 200 points left over for next year as we have 405 in total per year. Next year we have booked to stay at POR for 10 nights so we won't need as many DVC points anyway. Really don't know what the answer is, I've been looking at numbers for too long
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mmm. How many are in your party please as I'm confused. 2 Studios? I assume it's 2 separate parties?

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Mmm. How many are in your party please as I'm confused. 2 Studios? I assume it's 2 separate parties?
Yes, there’s me, DH and DD and then my parents. Sod staying in one room with them
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Yes, there’s me, DH and DD and then my parents. Sod staying in one room with them
OKW 2 bed it is then. A good use of 3 Points to go for a newly renovated room at OKW compared to SSR.

We hate sharing but make an exception for the 8yr old Granddaughter.

Old 16 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

OKW 2 bed it is then. A good use of 3 Points to go for a newly renovated room at OKW compared to SSR.

We hate sharing but make an exception for the 8yr old Granddaughter.
Right, 3 nights at OKW in a 2 bedroom is booked! Thanks for all the help everyone!
Old 17 Jul 19, 05:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Right, 3 nights at OKW in a 2 bedroom is booked! Thanks for all the help everyone!
I stayed in a 2 bed with the In Laws at OKW, the space was perfect. It’s like being in a real villa. I am sure you will love it there.
Edit- also if you like a walk do the canal path to Saratoga and Disney Springs.

Edited at 05:51 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Just watched a video of a renovated 2 bed. Looks lovely, so light and airy. And HUGE! I've requested Millers Road, no availability at Hospitality House but I'm hoping to get a room with elevators! Any recommendations on good locations within the resort are welcomed!
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just watched a video of a renovated 2 bed. Looks lovely, so light and airy. And HUGE! I've requested Millers Road, no availability at Hospitality House but I'm hoping to get a room with elevators! Any recommendations on good locations within the resort are welcomed!
Try my post here. Most areas are fine with me as long as I am not near a roundabout !

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ght=Okw&page=5

Edited at 08:31 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List