Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jan 12, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post

ooh and PPS, we stayed at the campanile and loved it, the reviews werent all that amazing (but not bad) and it was perfect, it was clean, new, nice staff and only down the road - you did need the car though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
PS, if you would like to add me to facebook you can see my recently uploaded photos of the crowds (in the mobile uploads file) which will show you what i mean.
Hi, I've just done this, my name is Frances.

I have a few photos on my Facebook that I took last June, we stayed at Dream Castle and Cheyenne.

Thanks

Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
ooh and PPS, we stayed at the campanile and loved it, the reviews werent all that amazing (but not bad) and it was perfect, it was clean, new, nice staff and only down the road - you did need the car though.
Thank I'll have a look at this as we'll have a car.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by twinklebelle View Post
I'm thinking about doing htis next year also after bringing in this year in WDW. It sounds like it would be lot less stressful. We were there for about 15 hours all the rides had really long lines and Main Street was so packed they closed it off and were allowing people to go 'backstage' as a route around it. The fireworks were incredible though!
We've done Christmas & New Year at WDW as well, it was amazing, but a short break to DLP sounds far less stressful.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Hi. We were at DLP at NYE too. We stayed at the Novotel which is about 1 mile from the Campanile. We have stayed at the Campanile before and both hotels are good, but I would recommend the Novotel. As others have already said you do need a car though.

We have Dream annual passes and used extra magic hours. This was great. We got to the park at 8 in the morning and there were no queues at all. Walk ons for Peter Pan, Dumbo, BuzzLightyears Lazer Blast and Space mountain! It was busy, but as we were able to do lots first thing, we then just did shows and fastpass rides later in the day.

We have a three year old and didnt stay to see in the new year, but we stayed for the Fantillusion parade and that ended a lovely day. We got to DLP on the 28th and went home on the 1st. We thought NYE was the quietest of all the days, which was surprising. Great atmosphere and well worth it in my opinion.
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

We went for NYE 2010-2011. It was packed, but so pretty. Freezing though!
We had my DD who was 5, friends DDs 5 and 1 so we didn't see the NY in as they fell asleep.
One thing I would say is not to stay at the Dream Castle as it's the last (one of the last?) on the pick up line for the shuttle bus and with the amount of people getting on it, we had to wait 40 minutes as 3 buses past us completely full up.
That was very frustrating, especially with kiddies.
The hotel itself was fab- really nice, just the full buses spoilt it.
We did find out later though that if we'd walked to the magic circus, we could have got on there on the first pick up.
Would definitely do it again though. xxx
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Hi. We were at DLP at NYE too. We stayed at the Novotel which is about 1 mile from the Campanile. We have stayed at the Campanile before and both hotels are good, but I would recommend the Novotel. As others have already said you do need a car though.

We have Dream annual passes and used extra magic hours. This was great. We got to the park at 8 in the morning and there were no queues at all. Walk ons for Peter Pan, Dumbo, BuzzLightyears Lazer Blast and Space mountain! It was busy, but as we were able to do lots first thing, we then just did shows and fastpass rides later in the day.

We have a three year old and didnt stay to see in the new year, but we stayed for the Fantillusion parade and that ended a lovely day. We got to DLP on the 28th and went home on the 1st. We thought NYE was the quietest of all the days, which was surprising. Great atmosphere and well worth it in my opinion.
We stayed at the Novotel 3 years ago and while we liked it, we much preferred the campanile (it has just been renovated though so maybe you stayed in one of the older rooms?). I hope you dont mind me saying, life would be dull if we all liked the same things. We would stay in both again though the campanile would have the edge for us the rooms were smaller but it was far more contemporary and fresher
Old 2 Apr 12, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Was thinking about doing NYE 2012-13 but not sure about with 3 young kids (the oldest will be 8.5yrs and the youngest 18mths). Though DLP seems about the best option for bringing in the New Year with kids, DD1 has asked to stay up next year to see in the New Year, guess the little ones can sleep in the big buggy, but at least they can see Fantillusion etc. If we are at home the kids will be tucked up in bed, in fact last NYE was the first time in years that we have stayed up to see in the New Year as BIL+SIL stayed over, normally we are boring old fogeys and go to bed about 10pm!
Old 2 Apr 12, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disney mum View Post
Was thinking about doing NYE 2012-13 but not sure about with 3 young kids (the oldest will be 8.5yrs and the youngest 18mths). Though DLP seems about the best option for bringing in the New Year with kids, DD1 has asked to stay up next year to see in the New Year, guess the little ones can sleep in the big buggy, but at least they can see Fantillusion etc. If we are at home the kids will be tucked up in bed, in fact last NYE was the first time in years that we have stayed up to see in the New Year as BIL+SIL stayed over, normally we are boring old fogeys and go to bed about 10pm!
When little ones are wrapped up in their buggy, they seem capable of sleeping through anything. My kids will be 15 and 17, so they'll find it easier to stay up than we will.
Old 3 Apr 12, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

I have to be totally honest, i dont think i would take my kids over NYE, unless you plan to get right away from main street. its was SO busy there, all adults pushing and shoving each other, saw a few kids crying as it really was shoulder to shoulder. There was even a little bit of a fight between 2 grown men that my hubby's female cousin split up! That being said though, if you plan to be over the other side of the park and away from that part i think you would be ok. I personally wouldnt do it though, but that is just me!
Old 3 Apr 12, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Here are the pictures of main street, we climbed the fence and went into the bushes cause of me having the panic attack. You can just about see how busy it was, all of the darkness is people!

Closed Thread