Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Feb 13, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Upset by Cast Member :-(

I am just back from disneyland, had a great time despite the weather

But unfortunatley i had got very upset by a cast member.

I was waiting to go on the slinky ride with my son but before i got on the cast member asked me if were pregnant and before i could answer he said that i could not go on if i was

The queue was full of women and only myself was asked. The full duration of the ride i was nearly crying , and according to my partner my face was very gloom for a good time after aswell.

I am only a size 12/14 but very self consious about my weight.
My family are very honest (esp my mum) and said no way i look pregnant!

Personally i feel that there is signs saying not to go on if pregnant and would never ask anyone if they were pregnant until i could see a proper bump. I now feel like a massive whale
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 13, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lulu bear
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow how insensitive. Someone obviously needs retraining on their customer care skills! There's no hope for me if someone as small as you was asked that!
DLP Sept 2013=Hotel Cheyenne
DLP March/April 2015=Hotel Cheyenne
lulu bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 13, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Omg that is so rude and would break my heart too! I had something similar in Rome and its horrible. Big hugs to you xxxxxxxxxxxxx ps write a complaint, it ruined part of your day in one of the happiest places and its WRONG
Old 10 Feb 13, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lulu bear View Post
Wow how insensitive. Someone obviously needs retraining on their customer care skills! There's no hope for me if someone as small as you was asked that!
Same here! I'm a 16 and now dreading that I'm goin to be subjected to the same in April xx
Old 10 Feb 13, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Was the CM French by any chance? They tend to be more "up front" than we Brits and whilst I'm not out to create an us versus them post I do think they can be more abrupt in their approach to guests. We had a very nasty incident in Silver Spur and it was more about shoulder shrugs and a "I do not care" attitude. I think I made my feelings known to the Manager (in fluent French) in very certain terms. It resulted in us not being charged for the wine. I think in the OP's case a word with Supervisor would have been quite appropriate.
Soory to hear you were upset. Disney should be a place of fun not a place of grumps.

Edited at 01:49 PM.
Old 10 Feb 13, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post

A few years back (pre-children) I was asked this at the top of a water slide in Turkey. It was mortifying so I feel your pain.
Don't let it get to you though, in the end it doesn't matter what others think as long as you are happy in yourself. Unfortunately some people have no tact! X
Old 10 Feb 13, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Someone recently TOLD me I was pregnant and congratulated me...I am NOT pregnant. I do sometimes bloat out a bit as I have M.E. and as a result have a real problem with the way I look so I know exactly how you feel. They didn't even apologise afterwards!

It can be so insulting, can't it? Still, it is THEIR problem, not yours! Obviously need their eyes tested, lol.
Old 10 Feb 13, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
As an Ursula shaped lady who is much, much bigger than that, I get this all the time. I have learned to reply with a smile and a joke, and an awareness that the other person probably feels more embarrassed than I do.

I'm sure you don't look pregnant! Sounds like the CM was just a bit over-zealous and didn't express himself well.

Perhaps they have had instances of pregnant women riding Slinky (after all, it is a family ride and probably the tamest in Toy Story Playland, but it does go at a surprising lick!)

Sorry you were upset, hope it didn't spoil your trip.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 13, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Sorry to hear u were upset, I agree with Geoffa the french are lacking in the tact department. I myself am a 12-14 lady, hope the dont ask me they might get a sarky response! xxx

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 13, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
huglinson
Apprentice Imagineer

crumbs, how very rude. if anyone asks me I shall give them a sarcastic reply. I might be fat but I am not preggers! I am sure you in no way look pg.
Paris 13
huglinson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread