Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Apr 13, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

rainforest or planet hollywood

I would love you opinions. Making a loose plan for meals, for costing and because I am on a diet and like looking at the menus lol.
I want to do either rainforest or planet Hollywood in the village on our leaving day.
I know the kids will like the look of both. We have never been to either, so I don't know what each has to offer in terms of novelty for the kids.
Was leaning towards rainforest but after reading some trippy that mention Rainforest seating is super crowded, I am not sure.
Is planet Hollywood "fun" in the way I am imagining rainforest would be, if you know what I mean, is it all about old ish movies (arnie & sly)

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 13, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Go for Hollywood we've been twice and loved it rainforest is always busy and you have to book well in advance the food and staff are really loverly as well and if you go for lunch booking not always needed xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 13, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Last day we do Earl of Sandwich as don't want to be too full! (or don't want kids being too full in case...)

I prefer RFC... I don't mind it's busy, adds to the atmos IMO... like being in a jungle full of animals!

My boys (12 & 14) loved exploring PH, all the movie memorabilia and taking pics.

Food about the same...more interesting choices at RFC...I;d prob go for that at DTD as they have done it up a bit recently (don't know if thats just outside).
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 13, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
the bears
Imagineer

the bears's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We did Planet Hollywood on our last trip and thought it was just average, It was super busy and way too noisey for our liking and that was at 9.00pm. We felt really rushed and cannot say we enjoyed the food.
This trip we have booked for the Rain Forest, so lets see what we think of this one.

Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee September 2009

Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee May 2011

Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld September 2013

Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld September 2015
the bears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 13, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniefan
Proud to wear my Ears

Rainforest for sure, planet Hollywood was a big disappointment.
Minniefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 13, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Never fancied either. We have both in London and we find them overpriced and too crowded and noisy.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 13, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

thanks guys, really appreciate your input, I am now wondering if I should just save a little extra and do a princess lunch or dinner one of the days instead. We will be their 4 nights so plan on 5 sit down meals. We already fancy Annettes TS so thats burgers & chips, hoping to do DLH late brekkie, Crocketts Tavern buffet, because we are staying at DCR and pizzas at Cafe Mickeys.
I thought rainforest or planet would be perfect for the 5th meal but because we will be eating quick service for the rest of our meals I am thinking we will have had enough fast food style of food, especially the kids as that is what most of their menus are full of.
Is there just the one princess meal at that place I cannot spell or remember the name of haha

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 13, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Auberge de Cendrillon. Not done it myself but I'm sure it would be great.

Is the priority nice food or fun theming?

Blue Lagoon is a bit of both - you can wave to the riders in the boats which is fun.

Walts is a lovely place for a meal too.

Again, not done it myself, but at Restaurant des Stars in the Studios you get to meet Remy.

Or if budget allows, maybe Inventions buffet? (Characters are there for dinner, not lunch).
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 13, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

hi Gill, the kids enjoyment is most important. Obviously if the food is really bad i would say neither us or the kids would enjoy it. Saying that though I am not after 5 stars, or even 4. I am even second guessing chef mickey now as i seem to have read a lot of reviews stating that not only is the food bad but the character interaction is bad too.
TBH all I am after is some edible food, if its super nice that's a bonus and for the kids to get some decent interaction with some characters.
I have been checking costs and seeing where we can save and what to spend extra on but I am wondering if I just need to splurge a bit and have my little ones have fun with their Disney friends while they still feel the magic. My two girls still very much believe but the the oldest will always belive as is mentally disabled but my youngest has just turned 5 so I want to give her the full effect before its too late lol

Old 30 Apr 13, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
I would say Inventions for dinner if budget allows then. The food looks amazing and I gather the interaction is great.
Closed Thread