Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jul 13, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Sequoia Lodge pool shut Dec! Which hotel?!

So I go to book SL this morning and notice it now says the pool is shut from 2-13dec! We were going from 1st-5th! Grr! Now I don't know what to do, we were going for SL as its a bit nicer but mainly cos of the pool for when the parks close earlier. The Newport Bay pool is also closed that week so we'd have to go to NY for a pool which is too expensive. So... we can also go 17th Nov but I don't know if it will feel as xmassy-will all Xmas things be up and ready? I don't want half a Xmas celebration! Other option is to keep the dates but go with sante fe or Cheyenne as i don't know whether i want to pay more when we wont have access to the pool. Are the breakfasts going to be as bad midweek in early Dec at sante fe and Cheyenne? Cost wise is £402 for sante fe or Cheyenne and £518 for SL or Newport Bay (neither with pools open). It's £656 for NY. What would you do?

Same dates,different hotel or stick with SL and no pool or change dates and go earlier but have SL with pool?

Decisions decisions!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 13, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tomharris26
Earning My Ears

If I was you, I'd try and juggle the dates around a tad earlier if you can. I know you'll have the 'you won't have time for the pool' debate, but from what I've seen on SL's pool it looks incredible for a hotel pool and I don't think you'd want to miss that!
tomharris26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 13, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JMGPannal
Excited about Disney

We went to Cheyenne in December 2 years ago.

The breakfast was fine.

We loved DLP at Christmas and I'd go again if we weren't going to WDW this year.
DLR - Apr '22
DCL - Jul '21 (Magic), Jul ‘23 (Wish) & Nov ‘23 (Fantasy)
JMGPannal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 13, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by tomharris26 View Post
If I was you, I'd try and juggle the dates around a tad earlier if you can. I know you'll have the 'you won't have time for the pool' debate, but from what I've seen on SL's pool it looks incredible for a hotel pool and I don't think you'd want to miss that!
We can the 17th nov but don't know if that's too early for Xmas to be in full swing!

vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 13, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by JMGPannal View Post
We went to Cheyenne in December 2 years ago.

The breakfast was fine.

We loved DLP at Christmas and I'd go again if we weren't going to WDW this year.
That's good to know about the breakfast! I was leaning towards Cheyenne for the theming but sante fe has been refurbished!

Old 26 Jul 13, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

if you want to stick with your dates, I'd go for Cheyenne or Santa Fe - I've never had time in a November or December trip to DLP to have a swim.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 13, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
We can the 17th nov but don't know if that's too early for Xmas to be in full swing!
it won't be too early, by 17th November everything Christmas will be in full swing at DLP .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 13, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

As Sammykitten says Christmas will be in full swing by 17th Nov, we thought about going earlier too as cheaper, but I decided we/I wouldn't be in full Christmas spirit by then so wanted to stick with December. For me the Christmas feel would be more important than the pool, there are other things better about the SQL to justify the extra cost as well as the pool, for me it wouldn't be a dealbreaker, specially at Christmas, hence us paying the extra for the first time in years with no intention of using the pool. Even if you stay elsewhere, on your way back to the SF/Cheyenne I recommend stopping in at the SQL for a drink in the bar next to the roaring fire and the huge Christmas tree. Much nicer than the bar in the Cheyenne, which we walked straight through last March, didn't appeal at all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 13, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

Unless you like swimming in ice water then I would stick with your original plans. The pool is freezing there, the longest I have lasted is 10 minutes. In my opinion if you can afford it then go to the hotel new york, its the best hotel there. If you want a nice swimming pool then davy crockett is the best and the new cabins are lovely.
Old 26 Jul 13, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
rayven
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We're going (hopefully) on the 18th of Nov and all the Chritmas stuff will be up and running, it starts the 7/8th of Nov till 6th? Jan, I checked
Cheyenne DLP Nov 2013
rayven is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread