Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 13, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Spends!

I know this question is like asking how long a piece of string is, but just after a rough answer really. Last time I went I was 16 with a boyfriend who did all the spending, so tbh I didn't notice the mega expense apart from when I bought a big Tigger teddy, just remember the shops being OTT.

Anyways we are spending 4 days in Disney, 1 day in Paris. We are staying at the Adagio so no breakfast thrown in, but may take a box of cereal with us as we have a mini kitchen.

We are 2 adults, 3 children. Husband and children have never been before. I ideally don't want to say no to everything, as im not 100% sure when we will go back.

So for 5 days, 5 people, spends for food and souvenirs how much do you roughly reckon? I have only 400 euros at the mo, kids have 300 between them. Just trying to figure how much more we need.

Christmas and funding holidays is no fun together lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 13, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

2+2 (6 and 4yo) we didnt have much change from £600 and we took a lot of dried food with us (driving). We bought a few bigger items from the shops such as fleeces & t shirts, we also went to auberge de cendrillon and we all got a few items each too (I love my leroy!). Food I would say anything up to £100 per day - it depends what restaurant you want.

€800 should be fine if you can source a few DIY meals.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 13, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tribal_Tiger
Excited about Disney

We are 2 adults and a 2 year old and are taking €700. We are there for 5days/4nights and staying onsite so don't have to worry about breakfast. Myself and hd won't have lunch as we fill up at brekkie so just have lunch to get for DS. Not planning on buying too much there so that's mainly for food as we are bringing snacks and drinks from home to keep costs down.
Tribal_Tiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
stumpe
Serious Dibber

To keep cost's down u can pop to the shops in the train station for a bottle of water and rolls,val deurope is 5 mins away by car so u can stock up for a lot less.

Pastrys and fresh bread was fine for as all most days for lunch ( did take a few extras from breakfast everyday;-)), spent most of money on nice dinnen in the evening.

Spent around €700 for 5 days for 2 adults and 2 children.

Lee
stumpe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Fab thank you, If we aim to take 1000 euros roughly then it sounds like we may be ok. We are staying in Val D'europe so will make the most of the supermarket close
Old 15 Nov 13, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We were staying on site for 4.5 days and in Paris for 1.5 days - we spent 1000 Euros - most of this was on food (and not great food!) and refreshments.

Tips - Earl of Sandwich is the only place on site that does refillable drinks, definitely worth it! If you're off site I think it'd be easier to keep costs more manageable - it was eating in on site places that did it for us, I think you'll be fine!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post

We've been plenty of times and I'm still struggling to calculate spends! Because it will be cold I'm going to insist on eating lunch indoors with a hot drink instead of drinking bottled water and eating cold snacks so we'll need more for that. Also, since we go week before Xmas we are planning on buying some stocking fillers for.the kids, and I need some baubles for.the tree, normally we buy very little.
Old 15 Nov 13, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post

We are looking around the 70euro mark for shared pizza at Café Mickey, We may do this twice just to maximise our chance of seeing Tigger. But the other in park meals will be EOS or Mc Donalds, Maybe Annettes once too. Just to keep the kids going more than us!

Hopefully if we can get 1000Euros, then the kids money will help loads with all their souvenirs. Fingers crossed they get a few more euros for Christmas time too from family

May have to take my empty credit card too in the end then just to be comfortable!
Old 15 Nov 13, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

We are taking £1000 between us plus two empty credit cards just in case but we are hoping to bring home empty cards a couple of quid change!
Old 15 Nov 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I have joined the e-club at earlofsandwich and both myself and hubby will have our 'disney birthday' just before we go.
this will mean they will email a free sandwich voucher each, i think we get free brownies too.

i also have a copy of the brit guide to dlp, which has a 20% off voucher for planet hollywood in the back. we will eat there at least once.

I am budgeting 300€ for myself and my 2 year old, and hubby is bringing about the same.

we go for 5 days and get a free bfast in the cheyenne.

i think you will be fine!
Closed Thread