Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 14, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
A few questions about DLP

My hubby has just told me he is having disney withdrawal as we are not going back until 2016. He has suggested we try and book DLP for APril next year. 2 adults and an 8 year old. So I have a few question:-

1) How do we get there? We live in Dunfermline (15 miles north of Edinburgh). He has suggested using the Eurotunnel. I'm not sure Also, how do we then get to the park from airport or train station?

2) Where is the best place to stay?

3) Is it easy enough to get into Paris for a day trip?

4) How long would you suggest going for?

We are both off work from Sat 2nd APril - Sun 10th April so can travel anytime in that perios.
Old 4 Sep 14, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

If you get the eurostar that takes you straight into Disney Village but would involve you getting to London, Ebbsfleet or Ashford to get the train. This is dooable if you can get the train from edingburgh to london, have a night in london then grab the eurostar direct to disney.
Eurotunnel is the one you do if you are travelling by car so you would drive straight over to Disney.
If you fly, you can get the train from paris to disney. I have never done this so not sure how easy it is.
I believe it is fairly easy to get into Paris, again i haven't done this before but from what I have read on here it seems easy enough.
I would suggest going for 2 or 3 full days at disney, this will give you enough time to explore both parks.
With regards to best place to stay all depends on your budget.
Hope that helps a little bit
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 14, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by suebo View Post
If you get the eurostar that takes you straight into Disney Village but would involve you getting to London, Ebbsfleet or Ashford to get the train. This is dooable if you can get the train from edingburgh to london, have a night in london then grab the eurostar direct to disney.
Eurotunnel is the one you do if you are travelling by car so you would drive straight over to Disney.
If you fly, you can get the train from paris to disney. I have never done this so not sure how easy it is.
I believe it is fairly easy to get into Paris, again i haven't done this before but from what I have read on here it seems easy enough.
I would suggest going for 2 or 3 full days at disney, this will give you enough time to explore both parks.
With regards to best place to stay all depends on your budget.
Hope that helps a little bit

Thank you. It is the Eurostar my hubby suggested. We could maybe have a couple nights in London first. I have been looking at staying at the Disney’s Sequoia Lodge.
Old 4 Sep 14, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
We're from Glasgow, tbh unless your going to get a great price for trains and then Eurostar I suggest you look at flights.

We're flying from Edinburgh, 3 adults (1 being MIL, so only 2 coming back... ;P ) and 1 Kid (8) and got it all roughly £145 each.

Where to stay is upto yourself.

We stayed at Cheyenne 5 years ago and loved it, going back in a few week staying at Sequoia Lodge, staying on the doorstep is brilliant and just a short walk.

Day visits can be booked anywhere, even with Disney themselves if that's who your'e going through.

How long you want to stay, is upto yourself, it's no WDW so not as expansive, but if your going to throw in Paris trip then I'd probably saying your wanting around a 4-5 night trip.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 14, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

We're from Glasgow too and we drive it! We went in May and stayed in the Cheyenne, going back in November to the sequoia.

If you did drive it at Easter bear in mind the road may be busy.

Oh yeah, we worked out we were about £250 for petrol return plus ferry. For November the ferry is £80, also we just bought a new diesel so should be cheaper. We prefer it as we can take as much luggage as we want and buy even more!

We also stay overnight in Kent in a cheapo Travelodge and in May stopped at harry potter studios.
Old 4 Sep 14, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
We're from Glasgow too and we drive it! We went in May and stayed in the Cheyenne, going back in November to the sequoia.

If you did drive it at Easter bear in mind the road may be busy.

Oh yeah, we worked out we were about £250 for petrol return plus ferry. For November the ferry is £80, also we just bought a new diesel so should be cheaper. We prefer it as we can take as much luggage as we want and buy even more!

We also stay overnight in Kent in a cheapo Travelodge and in May stopped at harry potter studios.
Never thought of that. How long did it take you? Whats it like driving in France?
Old 5 Sep 14, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Remember when driving in France you must legally carry certain things in your car. There is a list in the sticky section of the DLP menu on here. You will also have to pay some tolls so have some change.
We live in London so Eurostar is easy for us. As mentioned you can get the direct train once a day there and once a day back but it doesn't run every day. On other days and at other times there is a simple change at Lille. If you decide to go Eurostar buy your journey directly with Eurostar. DLP charges a lot for the train. You will have to check in to your hotel before going to the parks but you would have to do that if you went by plane. If you go with DLP by train there are some perks. Have to go to work now so don't have time to say more.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 14, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
We're from Glasgow, tbh unless your going to get a great price for trains and then Eurostar I suggest you look at flights.

We're flying from Edinburgh, 3 adults (1 being MIL, so only 2 coming back... ;P ) and 1 Kid (8) and got it all roughly £145 each.

Where to stay is upto yourself.

We stayed at Cheyenne 5 years ago and loved it, going back in a few week staying at Sequoia Lodge, staying on the doorstep is brilliant and just a short walk.

Day visits can be booked anywhere, even with Disney themselves if that's who your'e going through.

How long you want to stay, is upto yourself, it's no WDW so not as expansive, but if your going to throw in Paris trip then I'd probably saying your wanting around a 4-5 night trip.

FD
Thank you. I will look into flights. Is it easy to get to the park/hotel from the aiport?
We have looked at the Sequoia lodge, it looks lovely.
Old 5 Sep 14, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

We are from Glasgow and fly with Easyjet. We then get the TGV from the airport to DLP. We are staying 3 nights but if you want to do a day in Paris itself I would suggest staying 4 nights. We are also staying at the Sequoia Lodge this time but have also stayed at the Santa Fe.
Old 5 Sep 14, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

1) How do we get there? We live in Dunfermline (15 miles north of Edinburgh). He has suggested using the Eurotunnel. I'm not sure Also, how do we then get to the park from airport or train station? Eurostar from London St Pancras takesyou right to the park entrance at Marne La Vallee.To get there from Charles de Gaul airport there is a TGV service - Euro7.50 - See No 3 below

2) Where is the best place to stay? Disney has a range of resorts from budget to De Luxe. it all depends on your budget. Many choose the Cheyenne as it is fairly good. A lot like Sequoia Lodge which is mid range. You can upgrade to "Golden Forest" there - a sort of concierge level

3) Is it easy enough to get into Paris for a day trip? You use the RER service A to Chatelet Les Halles in central Paris Euro 7.50 one way. See: parisbytrain/rer-train-paris-to-euro-disney/ for this and airport info

4) How long would you suggest going for? 4 to 5 days max and ALWAYS mid week. Weekends can be hell.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread