Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 16, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Kylo Ren Arrives at Walt Disney World Resort

inline imageStar Wars: The Force Awakens has quickly become the highest grossing film in American history, and soon guests at Disney Parks will be able to interact with one of the film’s most intriguing and chilling new characters, Kylo Ren.

Every day at Disney Parks, guests step into Star Wars experiences such as Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple and Star Wars Launch Bay, where they come face to face with some of the greatest heroes and villains of the saga. Starting in February, a visit to Star Wars Launch Bay at either Disneyland Park in California or Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will transport guests to the Star Wars galaxy for an encounter with Kylo Ren on the bridge of his First Order Star Destroyer.

As seen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Kylo Ren is a dark warrior with a mysterious past. Kylo Ren is strong with the Force and serves as a leader of the First Order, seeking to destroy the New Republic, the Resistance and the legacy of the Jedi.

Star Wars Launch Bay is designed to showcase a variety of Star Wars characters over time. In addition to Kylo Ren, guests may also come across a garrison of First Order Stormtroopers or the heroic Wookiee, Chewbacca, holed up in a secret Resistance base.

The Force has awakened at Disney Parks with the addition of new and reimagined Star Wars experiences, just in time for fans of the blockbuster new movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, to step into the Star Wars saga every day.

The new experiences further expand the Star Wars presence ahead of the new Star Wars-themed lands coming to the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kilo.jpg
Views:	94265
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	63000  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 16, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow. Just wow. 2017 can't come quick enough!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jon3sb4ch
New Poster (5)

Star Wars

I sense a great disturbance in the force... like my boys are going to have the time of their lives.
jon3sb4ch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Johnny Sparrow
Excited about Disney

I hope when they say Feb they mean from the start.
Old 16 Jan 16, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Awesome, going to be some great photo opportunities this summer
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
leah
Trainee Dibber

leah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My Dh and Both Ds 16 and 11 are very excited by this and Hollywood studios is are first stop. :-)
Old 16 Jan 16, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Any ideas when in 2017, The Star Wars Land is set to open?
Is it a gradual opening like Disney Springs?

It would be helpful to know by summer this year as I'm looking to book flights then for next year and feel I should be leaving my 2017 trip for as late as possible to give them a chance to have most of it ready or is it not on schedule?

Does anyone know?

Thanks

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by lam View Post
Any ideas when in 2017, The Star Wars Land is set to open?
Is it a gradual opening like Disney Springs?

It would be helpful to know by summer this year as I'm looking to book flights then for next year and feel I should be leaving my 2017 trip for as late as possible to give them a chance to have most of it ready or is it not on schedule?

Does anyone know?

Thanks
The full Star Wars land won't be for years I'm afraid. I don't believe they've even started it yet. Anywhere from 2018-2020 judging by the speed Disney build. There will be things like the Launch Bay though.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Given how long they have taken over Pandora (Avatar Land) at DAK I can't see much Star Wars being ready for 2017. I'd add another couple of years on that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
The Millennium Falcon made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs. It took Disney 12 years
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List