Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Dec 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
I looked at the hide and slide but budget ruled it out. I decided other features were more important to me so I went for 2 AEG steam bake ovens side by side. Luckily I have enough room from the side to get things out. Still really enjoying not getting down on the floor to check cakes etc. Love the steam feature, pyrolytic cleaning and how it cooks. Just done loads of baking, 3 days of entertaining over Xmas including cooked breakfast using the grills and they sailed through beautifully🥰
Would you be so kind as to post the model numbers?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Neff double oven . Under counter as I'm 5ft 0 with heels on.
No issues & the oven cleaner guy seems to like it
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I actually just replaced mine with a Samsung. I got the dual flex and it’s brilliant, it made a great difference for us on Christmas Day with the two different heat zones and the split oven door. I don’t have space for a double oven but this basically gives me that in a single oven size! Would highly recommend

samsung/uk/cooking-a...v75n5641rs-eu/
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

We've just had a new kitchen and put in 2 Neff hide and slide ovens (we cook a lot) and they are amazing! Quiet ,quick to heat up ,clean themselves, and no more burning myself on the door! Highley recommend them .
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
NEFF don’t to a double oven with Slide and Hide that will fit in a conventional eye level housing, just saying..

Apparently you can buy a normal slide and hide door oven and a further compact oven, joining them with special strips?

Have you done this?

We have a Neff double oven and really want the hide and slide option when we replace.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Wanted a hide and slide but they don't do a double oven so went for AEG instead. Glad I did now as both ovens are fan assisted and have a grill which has been really useful. They are self cleaning as well and have loads of programs I find useful especially the one that helps prevent soggy bottoms on pastry.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
I looked at the hide and slide but budget ruled it out. I decided other features were more important to me so I went for 2 AEG steam bake ovens side by side. Luckily I have enough room from the side to get things out. Still really enjoying not getting down on the floor to check cakes etc. Love the steam feature, pyrolytic cleaning and how it cooks. Just done loads of baking, 3 days of entertaining over Xmas including cooked breakfast using the grills and they sailed through beautifully🥰
Had one of the AEG steam bake ovens for 7 years before we moved and loved it. We moved into a new house this year and were unable to get the oven changed so planning on replacing the oven with another steam bake oven next year.
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
Wanted a hide and slide but they don't do a double oven so went for AEG instead. Glad I did now as both ovens are fan assisted and have a grill which has been really useful. They are self cleaning as well and have loads of programs I find useful especially the one that helps prevent soggy bottoms on pastry.
I like the sound of self cleaning almost as much as slide and hide. Would you mind sharing the model details?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Have you done this?

We have a Neff double oven and really want the hide and slide option when we replace.
What size id the double.

I believe there are three standard sizes - 60, 45 and 15.

We also have a combo oven which is 45 so had to get a warming drawer to make up the size to 60.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
deafjeff
Excited about Disney

Thanks all, you have been really helpful.
deafjeff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List