Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Feb 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Lost passport

Does anyone know how soon after reporting a lost passport can you apply for a new one?

DD had a new one in 2020, has never used and now can’t find it
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Immediately. Once you notify the passport office you can apply for a new one.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Thank you. Little bit of stress in our house, didn’t know whether to keep looking or just give up and cancel it
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fanofdisney
Excited about Disney

Maybe keep looking for it, but if you do cancel it, then find it, the passport cannot then be used for travel.
Fanofdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Thank you. Little bit of stress in our house, didn’t know whether to keep looking or just give up and cancel it
Check pockets of things you only wear on holidays. I had to report mine missing only to find it in the pocket of a hoodie that I only wear for traveling. The most embarrassing thing was I was working with the passport office at the time and they all laughed at me.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
Check pockets of things you only wear on holidays. I had to report mine missing only to find it in the pocket of a hoodie that I only wear for traveling. The most embarrassing thing was I was working with the passport office at the time and they all laughed at me.
Unfortunately it’s never been used so it could be anywhere. DD had a new one to go to Florida 2020 which never happened and haven’t been abroad since. Found almost $500 though so some good has come of our searching 😁
Old 9 Feb 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Have you checked suitcases and travel bags? xx
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fanofdisney View Post
Maybe keep looking for it, but if you do cancel it, then find it, the passport cannot then be used for travel.
That’s the thing, we know that as soon as we cancel it, it will turn up!
Old 9 Feb 22, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Have you checked suitcases and travel bags? xx
We’ve looked everywhere we can think of We have mine and my husband’s, just not hers. She’s 21 so all we can think of is that she must have used it for ID at some point but none of us can remember when and she hasn’t put it back where it belongs.
Old 9 Feb 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I know this may sound silly but have to tried the photocopier? If its not something you use very often then at times documents can sit on the tray.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List