Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just so that I can get my head around the $6k immersive experience, I get to be glued to my phone for the 3/4 of the 48 hours on the cruise, I can play cards & if I lose I can go sit in my room or go back on my phone to interact with some computer AI that will give me missions- like find some suitcases! What I would like for my $6k is, the real "chess" game from New Hope, I get to fly a X-wing fighter, fight Darth Vader not some form of follow the light go to the gym with Yoda & really a swimming pool!
As I said before, a couple of $100 but $6k they are taking the ****
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Just so that I can get my head around the $6k immersive experience, I get to be glued to my phone for the 3/4 of the 48 hours on the cruise, I can play cards & if I lose I can go sit in my room or go back on my phone to interact with some computer AI that will give me missions- like find some suitcases! What I would like for my $6k is, the real "chess" game from New Hope, I get to fly a X-wing fighter, fight Darth Vader not some form of follow the light go to the gym with Yoda & really a swimming pool!
As I said before, a couple of $100 but $6k they are taking the ****
SD
Don't forget the ride to batuu..where you can join the GE crowds too.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m a SW fan and the idea of a themed hotel appeals but not the experience they’ve launched or the price tag attached to it (although tbf I wouldn’t pay way less either because the experience looks shocking).
Old 27 Feb 22, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I've not watched the 2 day vlogs yet as not had time.

On the trip to Galaxy's Edge during the 'cruise' do they get skip the line passes for the rides?
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 22, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

I also ‘get’ what it’s meant to be, it just doesn’t look very good to me.

The light saber training for example looks abysmal, far worse than what I can do at home in Vader Immortal on the Oculus Quest. Being in a room and turning pipes looks little better than a throwaway puzzle in a video game and the bridge stuff looks lacklustre as well.

Also if they want to be fully immersive maybe stop everyone having their phones (or data pads) out constantly

All power to those that love it and I’m pleased for them, nobody is stealing that from you, but it doesn’t change the fact that for those that think it’s not great isn’t just down to a lack of understanding and it’s quite condescending to suggest otherwise.

I’m a Star Wars fan and will probably be building my light saber at the workshop in May and love walking around Galaxy’s Edge but if you offered me this for free for 2 days of our next trip it would be a hard decision on if it would be worth my time

Edited at 11:10 PM.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 22, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I've not watched the 2 day vlogs yet as not had time.

On the trip to Galaxy's Edge during the 'cruise' do they get skip the line passes for the rides?
Believe it includes ILL / boarding passes for the 2 rides in Galaxy’s Edge
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 22, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I watched the 3-hour Disunplugged video too. I'm a huge Star Wars fan. It does look fun, however definitely NOT worth $6,000. The most I'd be ready to pay for this is $1,000.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I watched the 3-hour Disunplugged video too. I'm a huge Star Wars fan. It does look fun, however definitely NOT worth $6,000. The most I'd be ready to pay for this is $1,000.
We had that on last night as we tried to stay awake and get back onto UK time.

I wasn't giving it my full attention throughout, and I know they won't term it a formal review as they'll not review things that are gifted to them, but it certainly looked to me as though all three of them thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

Craig was clearly very enthused from the off - I'm not sure I've ever seen him so animated! - and is certainly the target demographic for this, but I'm not sure that is the case for Denny and Kylie.

I'll watch the follow-up "things you need to know" video later to see if they do actually give an opinion at all.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 22, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'll watch the follow-up "things you need to know" video later to see if they do actually give an opinion at all.
I watched that too, and the only opinion they give is that they think it's worth $2,000 (Craig) and $2,000-$2,500 (Deni).
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Watched the Tim Tracker video last night.

Personally I am not a huge SW fan and unlikely to have the money to do this anyway, so I have no dog in this fight!

I presume the ‘real thing’ won’t have people videoing everything. It would take you out of the moment and spoil the story. (I was disappointed we got to see the whole story - unless of course there are different ones.)

You can’t police what people wear (unless offensive) but it was jarring to see people with SW t-shirts on. If you are in the experience, surely the phrase ‘Star Wars’ is meaningless. Someone with a Kylo Ren T-shirt on was even more jarring.

I think the gleaming look of the starship is more Star Trek than Star Wars, but it does feel like they have drawn on Disney’s cruise line experience for the design. It did feel like a cruise ship.

Funny how the rooms are all set up for human guests (unless of course other species have rooms we don’t see. I don’t want to think about how a wookie goes to the loo).

All in all, it looks fun if you are willing to join in, but I would pay something similar to the cost of a murder mystery weekend.

There is clearly a market for this, but once it has been exhausted, perhaps they could offer cheaper 2-hour slots for those who just want to look around and join in some of the story? It would have to be while the ship is ‘docked’ obviously.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List