Notices

Old 17 Mar 22, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

We havent had it in our house yet. I have a friend though that even though they all stayed together and carried on as normal when she had Covid, her son didnt test positive until 10 days later.

I wish him a speedy recovery.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

One of us got Covid, the 2nd one got it 5 days later and then I got it myself 7 days later - and that was trying to distance ourselves as much as possible, wearing masks in common areas. The 4th one didn't get it at all, go figure.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

DS tested positive Monday, DD tested positive Tuesday, I tested positive yesterday and DH today so we've all fallen like Domino's.
Tbf I'd rather it happen like this so we're all isolating together.
DS is completely fine, DD and DH mild cold symptoms and I'm unfortunately becoming quite poorly 😢
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBerry
Earning More Ears

Me and my daughter tested positive on Sunday, my son was negative until yesterday and my hubby had a v faint kind yesterday but full blown today. Mine in day 5 is the thickest, darkest line ever much darker than the control line!
DisneyBerry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

My husband tested positive on a Wednesday, I was positive the following Monday.

We assumed we'd both catch it from a visitor the Sunday before and would get it at the same time so no distancing in the meantime. It appears the visitor might have been a coincidence and husband caught it on a night out the previous Friday as that would be equal times for him and then for me.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Beth_Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
My sister tested positive about 5 days after her husband, this was Christmas/New Year 2021. He was isolating in their bedroom, sharing a bathroom, but staying out of each others way. They didn't test their baby but she didn't show any signs.

Other sister's family - BIL, nephew and niece tested positive last November. Niece first, nephew 2 days later, BIL took another 2 days. He was double vaccinated, kids are young so hadn't had any. My sister didn't catch it despite being around them all.

My husband caught it in Feb 2022, we're both vaccinated and boosted. I didn't catch it and tested daily to confirm. We slept in different rooms but watched TV together from opposite ends of the lounge in the evening.

I think it's pot luck whether it goes around the whole household. Thankfully, none of the people that caught it were clinically vulnerable and the symptoms were quite mild.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Ds (triple jabbed) tested positive 2 weeks ago presume he caught it from one of the kids at the school he works at, we live together and didn’t isolate him from us and none of us caught it. We’re all triple jabbed.

Edited at 02:27 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My youngest grandson tested positive 6th December and no one else caught it
Eldest grandson tested positive 29th December then around the 8th January youngest grandson tested positive again.
Son in law tested positive about 10 days later.
Our daughter managed to avoid it.

Both grandsons were still testing positive at 9 days.
Son in law had virtually no symptoms and wouldn’t have known if he hadn’t tested for work.
He tested negative on days 6&7
Old 17 Mar 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Dd had delta and neither me nor her dad caught it.
Seems like you can catch it again quite quickly though with this new strain but we have avoided it so far.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

My work colleague’s son tested positive a week ago on Saturday, there are 6 people in the house and none of them caught it.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List