Notices

Old 25 Mar 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Forced to go to the office with Covid

My friend has Covid now. Even though he can and has worked from home 1 day / week since he started his job, his boss insisted that he came to work, saying "in the business world, Covid doesn't exist anymore."

Unbelievable! She said he can isolate in his office. If there are many businesses like that, I despair.

Edited at 11:12 AM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Unfortunatly we live in a very selfish world! Covid hasnt gone away at all. I dont see problem if he can do job at home.
Could he have rang in sick?
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

He doesn't get sick pay and has very mild symptoms, but of course he is more concerned about passing it to colleagues or visitors, as it is a public space.

His boss asked him not to tell colleagues he has Covid as well.

Edited at 11:12 AM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

We go to Florida in two weeks and my son has just text me saying his boss and co worker are in work with covid. Iíve just told him to try and keep a distance and take more care washing hands and not touching face etc. just got to keep fingers crossed he doesnít catch it as he is also going and we live in the same house.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We do need to treat it differently or the world is just going to collapse even more than it has
If youre too ill to go to work dont go, if you are that worried about passing it on you should take the financial hit if you dont get sick pay.
It has now ran its natural virus course , more people getting a milder form
We have to move on
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
We do need to treat it differently or the world is just going to collapse even more than it has
If youre too ill to go to work dont go, if you are that worried about passing it on you should take the financial hit if you dont get sick pay.
We have to move on
It's not always possible to "take the financial hit"!

The point is that he CAN work from home and does it regularly anyway. Asking him to come in regardless is ridiculous.

He works in an enclosed public attraction. Would you be happy as a visitor to know that the staff has Covid?

Edited at 11:30 AM.
Old 25 Mar 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Beth_Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I have a relative with COVID and he's an electrician. He works for a very small film and his boss has insisted he go to work as his symptoms are mild. I hate to think how many homes and businesses he's been into this week. It does make me question having tradespeople into my home at the moment.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
We have to move on
I agree but itís a worry with US still wanting testing done to travel. If we werenít travelling soon it wouldnít of bothered me. Tell the US they need to move on please! Itís such a worry.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes people saying only mild symptoms now but may not be if pass it to vunerable. I wudnt keep mouth shut at work if forced to go in I would tell everyone. Obv boss knows in wrong or wouldnt say dont tell anyone.
Disgusting when can work home.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

So heís going into work and he feels Perfectly fine to do. On top of that hes been given an office to work in so he separated from the rest of the workplace.

What am I missing here? - Seems perfectly reasonable

Edit: just noticed he can if need be work from home. Puts a slightly different slant on it. Iím guessing the boss is trying to instil a back to office working environment as working from home is something that can be taken advantage of.

Edited at 12:54 PM.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List